cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WPWW
Active Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

Long-time LastPass user. LP provides outstanding service and value. If you feel screwed, it's by your own hand - too cheap to see the cost vs value.
ri756
Active Contributor

Utter nonsense.  Since logmein took over lastpass they have milked it without adding any value to the product and while providing a service that can ony be described as very poor indeed. That is NOT a good value proposition. And that is why I have gone to bitwarden, which in fact is better - and free for what I need.  I have no qualms paying for good software and pay for a good number of licences - but the company has to be offering a good value proposition and logmein are doing anything but.

mdc1022
Active Contributor

goodness said it better myself I just closed up my account and left that a matter of paying for it it's the way they did it 

mdc1022
Active Contributor

well said    it's the way they did it that makes me mad   I packed up closed up and went to bitwarden

mikehoopes
New Contributor

I've been on Bitwarden for a couple of years now, after 10 years of paid premium access on LastPass. It's not the cost that turned me off of LastPass, but the degrading efficiency of its workflows.

In 2010, I could fill out a whole credit card form, address and all, on my iPhone using a single bookmarklet and 1-click menu selection. On the desktop, right-click, select the desired entry with one more click...no scrolling, no separate billing address menu.

And since when are large logos that take up 5 times the space preferable over a text list of sites? It seems to me that UI designers no longer give a crap about extra clicks and scrolling, and other repetitive-motion nonsense.

That said, Bitwarden lacks some features that I used to use a lot in LastPass, like scraping form input fields. I'd pay for that, for sure. Try Bitwarden out before you delete your vault.

mdc1022
Active Contributor

upgrade

With  all the backlash that last pass has to be getting about charging to have two devices and forcing you to upgrade  will  you  be changing your decision and going back to the way it was??

A lot of people are going over to Bitwarden, and I'm sure you were aware of that.

I too have been one of those that now use Bitwarden.

I prefer to stay with LastPass

I would like to see that you're going to go back to the way it wast there's no incentive for me to upgrade because I don't need any of the extras I'm a customer support is no better than it is with a free member it's actually pretty poor it takes days sometimes a week for LastPass to get back to you.

It's not so much about the $39 it's $3 a month to protect your accounts

that's not the issue

the way you did it  to all the free members is the issue

because of that I'm not going upgrade.

I've been with LastPass for over a decade would like to continue to do so but if I don't get the way it was reinstated I'm just going to move on.

mdc1022
Active Contributor

Re: upgrade

I emailed support 4 days ago & so far no reply 

I "might upgrade" as I got an offer to do so for 24  for the year.

I know last pass has many members &  can get busy  but going days without a reply especially IF you have a big problem is a concern especially when you are a paying member who upgraded.

So will see in the coming days  last pass has been the go-to password manager for many years  I sure hate to leave 

cwr64
Active Contributor

Re: upgrade

I also hated to leave - but I very easily switched to Bitwarden and I am quite happy with it.

thomasrichard
New Contributor

PS LogMeIn has had numerous objections from their paying LP clients about their new changes to Billing Information necessities, and unmistakably you are not keen on tending to those worries. 

RainbowKid
Active Contributor

Two things.  One, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make and Two, what is the link for?  I followed it and there was nothing there about LogMeIn or Last Pass.