cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
troyopholous
Active Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

Just a heads up, the shady support here removed a link I posted to bitwarden explaining how simple it is to migrate all your data off LastPass! Talk about shady, I hd already migrated my data, but now I am deleting all my data off last pass and never using it again, or recommending it to anyone, in fact now I will tell people not to use it, and I work in IT/Security so that opinion will carry weight.

If you want an easy way to export data off LastPass, just Google “export LastPass to bitwarden” and follow the first link.

Good riddance.
tjh1
New Contributor

Rather than add value to your premium version, you've opted to remove value from your free version. I don't  mind paying for the service. I'm sure I'll start paying another company for this service in the coming weeks. I do mind this type of conduct. Instead of forcing users into a premium subscription, why not entice them with a superior product?

AirGov
New Contributor

I've used LastPass for a number of years. I came into this forum 10 hours ago because I planned to upgrade as per the notification, but the link didn't work, and so I looked on their website for a support contact email address (none) or a phone number (none) or a contact form page (none) or at least a chat bot (no live rep, just all bot). What I found, in terms of support, was only this forum. Thank you to all for suggesting Bitwarden: I now leave this forum, 10 hours later, having downloaded and installed Bitwarden and about to walk away from LastPass. I have no objection whatsoever to a company wanting to make money; for those of you who are business owners, we all totally get it - that's why we're in business, to make money. However, I do wholeheartedly agree with another poster, in that the limitation on cross-platform devices could have been made to apply solely to new users.

jpenny84
Respected Contributor

I understand the frustration over any potential inconvenience of being restricted to one device class. However, the changes are hardly unprecedented. Until 2016, you had to be a premium user to access LastPass on both desktop and mobile platforms.

kls9036
New Contributor

Thank you for the tip about Bitwarden. I was figuring I would just $uck it up because it would be too much of a hassle to learn something else, but it was much easier than I thought it would be to export Lastpass data and switch. Agree with most others that I don't like this tactic of forcing me to pay or else losing a considerable amount of convenience by having to choose between device types, which I pretty much use equally. Problem solved!

charles8
New Contributor

Thank you to Lastpass for your service.
I have decided to drop Lastpass altogether after receiving the policy change email.
Thank you for making up my mind.

JJADV
Active Contributor

Any one looking for a better option really should look at Bitwarden. Nice clean, and just feels better built.. and it has a cross device option for free.. Im looking to actually pay for it instead of paying for Last pass.. 

Just imported the lastpass CSV and bingo all set up.. 

paulsiu
Frequent Contributor

OK, I did find the auto fill option in the extension.

One issue I do find comparing last pass vs bitwarden is that lastpass is more granular. For example, I can set last pass up so that it prompt for master password if you attempt to look at the password.This is not possible in bitwarden.

However, the browser extension does allow you to enter a pin instead of password.

There is also no option to turn off blocking of screenshot. The reason I want to do this is because the  blocking prevents me from using it with anydesk.

byebyelastpass
New Contributor

Congratulations on creating a demand for Bitwarden which is truly free and has everything Lastpass has (including a premium version if needed for 1/4 of the Lastpass price. I started as a LP user 4 years ago and happily paid the $12/yr. Then it went to $24.... then to $36 and I went to free b/c nothing in premium was needed... and now with this announcement I will be leaving (actually already have). The import to Bitwarden took all of 5 minutes and it works seamlessly. LP you maybe should reconsider your level of greed...

Chrisbay
New Contributor

Bye

Thanks for the service over the last three years but...

The extended family use Lastpass and also Norton antivirus so given your news we will move our 15 free and paid for accounts to nortons free password manager.