cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zedman
New Contributor

Improved save and fill icon in gmail search

I have enabled the "Try improved save and fill" option in the browser plugin, but it seems a bit too aggressive when putting the LastPass icon in text boxes.

One place it appears is the gmail search (the search input field at the top of the gmail interface), where it definitely does not belong.

I recall seeing a couple of others sites where I also thought it was a bit odd, though I cannot remember them at the moment.

3 REPLIES 3
andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Re: Improved save and fill icon in gmail search

Hello! Thanks for the feedback!

It's possible that you have bad field metadata saved in one of you password records for gmail/google. Could you edit those records and click on the wrench button at the bottom left of the dialog? That will show you the saved fields for the record and if you see any with "q" as the name, you should delete that one because it is responsible for making the LP icon show up in the field.

Would love to hear any other feedback you have for us on the new experience!

Thank you!

zedman
New Contributor

I checked all my gmail logins but there are no fields named "q" there.

When I click on the LastPass icon, it looks like it is associated with contact info. It offers to fill in my email address.

I edited the address that had that email address, and deleted the email address. LastPass still displays the icon, but when I click on it, it is offering to save a Contact info entry.

zedman_0-1656027302006.png

andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Thanks for the included screenshot! That actually helps clarify the root issue so we will be able to provide a fix for this soon.

If you have any other feedback on the new version we'd love to hear it!