cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HealthFreak
Active Contributor

Is my authenticator mobile app backed up if I have LastPass only on my computer?

Hi Is my iPhone authenticator mobile app backed up if I have LastPass only on my computer?

Is it backed up by either LP or iPhone backup?

What happens if I lose my phone?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iRobert
Active Contributor

Re: Is my authenticator mobile app backed up if I have LastPass only on my computer?

That was actually my answer: you need the app Lastpass on the phone to back LP Authenticator up.

Good Luck!

iR

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
iRobert
Active Contributor

Re: Is my authenticator mobile app backed up if I have LastPass only on my computer?

To back up it, I went on Settings and it asked me to login into my Lastpass account.
Try, |
- Go to the Authenticator Settings
- Select Backup to Lastpass
- Backup now

iR

HealthFreak
Active Contributor

Hi thanks for trying to help but that is only for backup if you have LP on your phone which isn't the answer to my question. Thanks for your thought though

iRobert
Active Contributor

That was actually my answer: you need the app Lastpass on the phone to back LP Authenticator up.

Good Luck!

iR

View solution in original post

HealthFreak
Active Contributor

Ok thanks. So basically if you only have LP on your computer and you lose your phone you're fxxed!

iRobert
Active Contributor

I, personally, safely back up all the 2FA seeds somewhere else as well.
If something happens I can still retrieve them.
I use multiple Authenticators as well (Lastpass Authenticator, Authy, Microsoft Authenticator, Google Authenticator and Winauth).

Never put all your eggs in  a single basket!

iR