cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lewsom
New Contributor

LP authenticator failures

For the past month or so, the LP authenticator fails to connect me to my account.  I get an error message that says "Try your last action again. If the problem persists, contact LastPass."  Then I hit "OK" and it bumps me out.  

This happens repeatedly.  If I wait a day or two, the problem stops.  But then on other days it happens again. 

Any ideas what's happening and how to clear this up?  Thanks much. 

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: LP authenticator failures

Hi @lewsom 

Is there any pattern to where this happens? On home or office WiFi vs phone data connection etc.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lewsom
New Contributor

It's always on my laptop using wifi and browser Chrome (I've tried different browsers).  I've used the authenticator for several years and only recently started experiencing these failures. 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Okay, so you are seeing the error message on your laptop after you enter the code generated by the LastPass Authenticator app?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lewsom
New Contributor

No, the error message appears on my phone when the authenticator sends the 2-factor link.  This is the point where the authenticator fails.  Apologies for not explaining this earlier.

lewsom
New Contributor

The authenticator finally worked this morning.  Still, I'd like to resolve this issue, as the problem happens intermittently.  I expect to have problems with the authenticator again.  I'll disable it for now.

For what it's worth, I've also tried the alternative authentification options, but nothing is sent to my phone when I request that an SMS code be sent.  I don't see any alternatives available to me without being able to get into my account settings.