cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jallen42
New Contributor

Re: LastPass Extension 4.107.0 User Interface not working properly

Thank you so much for finding a temporary solution.  This was driving me crazy.  I can't believe that LastPass's Support makes you request help and does NOT provide a telephone number to Contact them.  It's a terrible way to support its customers.  Now I think I will change my password manager.  I see that there is Nordpass along with 1Password and Roboform to name a fee of the players.   Any suggestions of another manager would be greatly appreciated.   Again many thanks to solving this problem with LastPass.

alarinn
Active Contributor

It seems sometimes that toggle reverts back to active so turning it back off works...somewhat.  The main issue is try to change any of your passwords.  I have an annoying login that because of hackers trying to hack my email, I have to change my password every 3 days or so...depends on how many times they try to access it.  So now I can't save my new password because I can't edit the existing one.  I can't even delete it either.  

Ok, I tried again and the ONLY way to make changes to existing passwords is from the extension dropdown...you can't edit anything inside the vault.  So force that toggle off and make sure you can at least do most things from the extension and not the vault.

ddavid1073
Active Contributor

The problem was bad but the lack of acknowledging the problem until the problem was resolved, to me, is a larger issue and one that is making me think of alternate arrangements.  Please explain why there was no communication with the community here or on multiple other platforms including Twitter that had been use previously.

Former Member
Not applicable

A long-time user of Lastpass Premium here.  First time posting which shows the level of frustration with this new update.  We are fortunate that another user (And not Lastpass support) posted the image and instructions on how to revert back but this is concerning that proper testing was not performed. 

There's no way this update would have made it to the user base if it was adequately tested.

Like others have said I'm questioning whether I should continue to use this product.

Kaths
New Contributor

As everyone else has said please return this extension to it's previous version as the new one simply does not work. I'm a premium user and find this very worrying indeed. If I search in the extension for Natwest for example none of my natwest entries come up at all and the entries which do come up do not have "Natwest" in them anywhere, not even in the notes. This is a complete fail, scrap it please

Kaths
New Contributor

Scott775 thanks so much, that's made things much better

AllenPass
Active Contributor

it works good for me now after I refreshed the version this morning.  Previously it would only let me 'launch' from the drop down and now it lets me 'fill' which is what I want.  Also previously it wasn't showing me the sites for the site I was on and now thats fixed.

Spidertheminder
Active Contributor

This is how to remove the new update (suggested by LastPass) and it works! disabling the new Save and Fill functionality from within your Vault's Advanced Options.

So, Go to your Vault then Advance Options (bottom left), Switch  off "Use Improved Save & Fill". You will be back where to your old LastPass. It worked for me! Happy Days!

elihu303
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for all of the investigating but this doesn't appear to work for the FREE accounts, as there is not an option for Save and Fill in my Advanced Settings menu (unless I've completely missed it).  

Has anyone with a FREE account been able to rectify this? 

I've deleted and reinstalled the extension...still no information in my extension.

I've deleted cache, updated browser, installed on Edge vs Chrome....no change

I've even logged into the Vault directly, where I can see all of my saved sites, some even let me redirect to the page but still don't autofill the password.  

Further, within the Vault, I can't even click on the EDIT page to even SEE my password.

Any help would be readily appreciated.  

bobped_diego
New Contributor

I just did an update from Chrome and still have the 107 build, so the fix you noted doesn't seem available to me.  I also checked the Chrome web store and it shows the current build is still 107, which was released on 1/17.  Can you confirm the fix to this issue was deployed to the Chrome web store and is available for Chrome on Windows?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd