cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daddyo37
Active Contributor

New experience

What have you done?! Totally screwed up LastPass, that's what. Where can I download version 4.103?

JustQuitIt
Active Contributor

Re: LastPass Extension 4.107.0 User Interface not working properly

What exactly was not working previously that required a refresh? I'm so glad LogMeIn software engineers aren't in charge of refreshing my automobile UI. I feel like having to search in the trunk for the turn signal lever is just like navigating through a software UI refresh. Somebody likes the fact that the turn signal lever looks better in trunk and with no regard to actual user experience relocates it there and calls it an update. Thanks LogMeIn. I enjoy popping my hood to turn on my headlights. Having the headlight switch closer to the headlights really is much better... good grief please just leave the layout and existing functionality alone. It's mature already. Add what you wish, but quit relocating and removing functions.

co4awhile
New Contributor

update --

Thanks to @Scott775 for his post with screenshot.   The toggle was OFF for me but obviously not true.  The TOGGLE (on and back off) is required to truly disable.    I had to restart Firefox and re-auth for Lastpass plugin.

Now URLS being matched -- new GUI.

============

as of Lastpass Plugin v 4.107.0.2 (Jan17 release) on Firefox, the plugin still can't properly identify account based on web site visited.

"you only had ONE JOB" and that's to properly identify URL and correlate to account in vault.

How on Earth do you break that functionality?   

How do you not fix after three days?

What on Earth were you testing with QA procedure to allow this <insert frown face> through to general release?

I was avoiding the move to Bitwarden personal because I was paying for Lastpass and have familiarity.

Maybe this is nail that addresses that...

TheSailorBreton
New Contributor

Is there a way to rollback to the previous version of the Firefox Extension ?

The new version is a disaster. You had a good product and you just downgraded by 10 steps.

Typically, I have my credid card details, what it offers me is to copy the number and the security code, but I can no fill anymore automatically my card details on paying pages... Wow...

Also, why is is default behaviour when clicking on an item is to launch the URL of the page rather than filling out the current page.

Please roll back and rethink!

Tags (1)
alarinn
Active Contributor

Turning that setting off is temporary.  Every single time I restart my computer and open my browser, it's turned back on.  I've been a software developer for over 30 years and as a full stack developer/architect, something this big would have been rolled back within the 1st hour after the community started complaining.  And believe me, some of our roll backs make this update look like a one line change.  Imagine rolling back databases and new servers.  One time we had a showstopper that required us to rollback 197 tables and another 700+ cron jobs but with a proper DevOps you can do it pretty easily.  Still stunned how this ever made it out of QA.  A good QA would have found the issue in their regression tests.

jadeduser
New Contributor

Lastpass has belatedly added release notes for 4.107.

https://lastpass.com/upgrade.php?fromwebsite=1&releasenotes=1

It is dated 19 Jan but of course the Chrome web store says 17 Jan.

You should read this

It will not fill you with confidence. 

Click the link on learning about the new look and feel

There you will find a set of screens illustrating the NEW experience mixed in with the old

The NEW by the way  has supposed to have been since 4.104 inclusive.

I cannot match these with the screens that I see  - as an example the switch that is the subject of this thread is nowhere to be seen

Please correct me if I have missed something

devonlad
New Contributor

I'm new to this discussion and hesitate to tell you how to stink eggs, however a quick and dirty workaround is to revert to the previous version 4.106.0.

I have a Linux Mint operating system, but the general principle is presumably the same for other operating sytems.

I did this reversion by locating the file
~/.mozilla/firefox/'myprofilename'/extensions/support@lastpass.com.xpi
in an earlier back-up (i.e. prior to the update), and substituting it for the current 4.107.0 version.

Everything then seems to be back to normal.
Captain_Morgan
Active Contributor

What a mess! As a long time premium user I sure hope LastPass hasn't messed up the security of our passwords as much as they've messed up the Edge Extension/interface. Besides the extension not working at all, the user interface absolutely terrible. As a matter of fact, the entire LastPass web site is a mess. Did you even ask the users to review or test this crap? I went back through all my notifications and I don't see a single mention of implementing a major change in the user interface or functionality. Stop trying to make things pretty and bloated with inefficient and unnecessary garbage.  The extension is so broken it even displays things like Disney icons for banking sites - that's really scary. I'm downloading all my data. Rant over... time to revaluate other password managers.

DB2
New Contributor

I thought lastpass was great before, but not now. If they don't reverse the new version I'm going elsewhere. Firefox user

Daddyo37
Active Contributor

Re: New experience

I found a way to rollback to the previous version for Firefox, but not for Chrome or Edge.  Since I use Firefox most of the time, I can live with that until/if the developers wake up and realize/fix what they've done.