cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frankieo1920
Active Contributor

LastPass Premium costs $24.51/per year (Tax included, $14.21/per year exl. Tax) more than advertised

When logging into my Free account, it offers a Premium subscription for $2.25/per month, this should equate to $27/per year.  The price is very enticing, considering the cheapest other option I found online was close to twice the price of LastPass.

However, when I go to pay, instead of the payment being in $, it is in €, and instead of being €22.80/per year which would be the same price as $27/per year, it states it will cost €34.80/per year and that is a whole whopping $14.21/per year more than advertised in the user-vault.

As opposed to my Country that always includes the Tax within the price of the products, Tax for LastPass is also added upon inserting billing address. Once the tax has been applied, the $14.21/per year more than advertised goes up by another $10.30/per year, which comes to $24.51/per year more than advertised, and a total of $51.51/per year instead of the promised $27/per year.

When can we expect to be able to not only pay the advertised price but also pay the advertised price in the correct currency?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frankieo1920
Active Contributor

Re: LastPass Premium costs $24.51/per year (Tax included, $14.21/per year exl. Tax) more than adv...

Disabling my adblocker did do as you suggested, so I managed to send a message to the support team.

Hopefully, they will be able to fix the price being in Euro instead of USD as advertised and lower the price back down to the advertised $2.25/month instead of the much more expensive price they were trying to charge.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass Premium costs $24.51/per year (Tax included, $14.21/per year exl. Tax) more than adv...

Hi @Frankieo1920m

Sorry for any confusion. LastPass pricing in Euro is not a direct conversion from USD pricing, the usual cost of LastPass Premium is €34.80/year, if you're not seeing a discounted rate please reach out to the billing team who can make sure you get the advertised discount. To do this, please scroll down and click Contact Support at the bottom center of this page: 

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-upgrade-to-lastpass-premium

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Frankieo1920
Active Contributor

First of all, LastPass does NOT show the price of Premium in €, but in $ and $2.25/month.

Secondly, even if the Euro isn't a direct conversion from USD pricing, a $14.21/year difference does NOT happen during conversion from USD to Euro.

Thirdly, if you do NOT want to sell your product in USD, nor for $2.25/month, then do NOT advertise your product in USD and for $2.25/month.
Lastly, get your website or your replies in order, you give me the link to a website page that does NOT have a "Contact Support" option and tell me to contact support. 

msedge_2021-07-09_17-56-50.png

msedge_2021-07-09_17-59-55.png

RachelO

Sorry about that, could you try loading this page in a different browser or in a private/incognito window to see if you then see the Contact Support link at the bottom center of the page? We've noticed for some users if they have other privacy extensions or javascript blocked on their browser this can cause the page to not load fully and not show the Contact Support link correctly: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-upgrade-to-lastpass-premium

Frankieo1920
Active Contributor

Disabling my adblocker did do as you suggested, so I managed to send a message to the support team.

Hopefully, they will be able to fix the price being in Euro instead of USD as advertised and lower the price back down to the advertised $2.25/month instead of the much more expensive price they were trying to charge.

View solution in original post

ellis6
New Contributor

I have encountered the same discrepancy with the pricing for premium.  My vault homepage show $2.25/month, the purchase premium page show $3.00.  I followed the Contact Sales link and described the issue and have not received a reply.

ellis6_0-1633014651030.pngellis6_1-1633014660156.png

RachelO

Hi @ellis6,

The support team will need to assist with any billing or payment related issues, I wasn't able to locate a support ticket with the email you used to register on this community. So that I can check the status of your ticket, could you provide me with your support case number?

ellis6
New Contributor

Thank you for your help.  Support was able to offer me a quote for the lower price. 

Previously I had was attempting to contact Sales and not technical support which is why I didn't have a ticket.  Once I figured that out, support responded within their 24 hour SLA.

David