cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedJ
Active Contributor

LastPass developers should actually look at these Feature Suggestions

As of this post, there has only ever been ONE idea accepted, ZERO ideas that have been implemented, ZERO ideas where more information has been requested, and ZERO being investigated (meaning, LastPass isn't even looking at the ideas users are taking their time to provide). There aren't even any ideas that LastPass developers have rejected. This total has remained unchanged since I posted my first suggestion to this forum several months ago. 

It seems clear from the lack of attention to this forum that this site's purpose is a place to shunt over users with valid reports of defects or needs for better user experience from Support to avoid putting in the effort to communicate these concerns internally to the LastPass development group. There's nothing more off-putting to a customer than asking them to go to effort to help improve a company's product, only to have those suggestions completely ignored. I suspect this will result in worse customer satisfaction and loyalty than if you'd just had support tell them directly that their developers do not accept customer input.

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: LastPass developers should actually look at these Feature Suggestions

Hi  

I moved this post from the Feature Suggestions board as it is not an actual feature suggestion. The LastPass team are aware of the requests that have been posted and are reviewing them. New feature requests and changes are evaluated and prioritized along with existing planned development work. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
RedJ
Active Contributor

You're correct, technically, but it's also not really a discussion of Support, the section where the post has been moved, unless you are intending to confirm my theory on why support is sending people to the Feature Suggestion board. If not, then I think it is completely valid criticism on the way that the LastPass organization is handling communication as it pertains to the feature suggestion board and so, more of a suggestion/request for change. 

The suggestions posts go all the way back to July of 2018 so, if LastPass are evaluating and prioritizing these suggestions as you say, one might assume that some of them would have already been addressed (or declined). As a customer, I would much prefer to  have some indication that these suggestions are being considered using the board's built-in mechanisms than a boilerplate statement of assurance that they are.  At the very least, it would be helpful if there was a development roadmap shared with customers/community so we could try to track some of these ourselves. 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @RedJ 

I only see a question that you posted in the old forum back in 2018. The old LastPass forum that was replaced by this community in September of 2020 was not closely monitored by LastPass support staff in its last couple of years, although it benefited from some fantastic customers and their extensive knowledge. While it also had a feature suggestion area it was mostly pages of one off comments and there was no way to measure and qualify the LastPass communities desire for specific feature requests. 

This new community was launched in September of 2020 which is when introduced this new Feature Suggestion board that allows customers to post, comment on and more importantly vote on the suggestions that matter to them.  We will be using the built in status feature to update posted feature suggestions when there is an appropriate update to give. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!