cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillhb929
New Contributor

LastPass draining my battery (taking 35% of total usage) on Android

Have noticed LastPass draining my battery (Pixel 3a) in last few days. Have shut off background usage. No other apps come close to. Google is at 10% however I'm using that ten times an hour and use LastPass on phone maybe once a day.

7 REPLIES 7
daviddube
New Contributor

Re: LastPass draining my battery (taking 35% of total usage)

LastPass Support redirected me to this post. I don't understand why since there's no resolution listed here, so I figured I could also talk about my problems lately.
I first contacted LastPass support about my LastPass app significantly draining my battery in mid July. The app had drained 35% of my Samsung Galaxy S10+'s battery. I had already fixed it once for a few days with a force shutdown of the app and restarting my phone when it had drained 29% of my battery.
Their recommendation was to uninstall the app and reinstall it. That also fixed it for a few days. However, the problem came back yesterday where it drained 25% of my battery before I noticed and did a force shutdown and restart of my phone again.
Please resolve this bug. It seems like the app does not go to sleep after use sometimes.
rsmith4321
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. 36% battery usage.
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @rsmith4321,

Our development team is aware of battery drain issues on Android and are actively working to resolve the issue in a future update. While we don't yet have an ETA for an update, as a workaround in the meantime, disabling background activity for the LastPass app from Settings has should help to reduce battery usage.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
matter28
New Contributor

Re: LastPass draining my battery (taking 35% of total usage) on Android

This bug is still present on my samsung s10+, lastpass drains 35-40%
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass draining my battery (taking 35% of total usage) on Android

Hi @matter28,

So that our team can gather more details and hopefully resolve this issue as soon as possible, could you submit a bug report following the steps here? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Barkas
New Contributor

I seem to have this problem. With Lastpass active, battery drops from 100-12% in 24 h; with Lastpass turned off, it drops from 100 to 88%!

davidansel
New Contributor

I have had this issue twice on my LG V60 (huge battery usually lasts 2-3 days between charges).  Both times suddenly I was running out of juice in less than a day and when I checked battery usage LastPass was at the top of the list with >50%.  The first time I uninstalled LastPass and lived without it for a few weeks before reinstalling it.  The problem did not reappear immediately, but it took 2 months before reappearing (today).