cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rleachci
New Contributor

Re: Lastpass extension crashing/hanging chrome

Same issues even after resetting everything. Seems like LP needs to find out the issue.
hammerich
Active Contributor

Chrome Extension May 20 update version 4.72.0 Pins CPU on macOS after Login or Use

Environment:

macOS Big Sur 11.3.1

Chrome Version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Steps to reproduce:

Install LastPass extension from Chrome Web Store

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd

Login to lastpass
Click on extension
Extension fails to respond and CPU utilization rises

Check "Activity Monitor" and "Google Chrome Helper (Renderer)" process continues to race consuming CPU reaching over 400% and remains pinned at this level

Removing Lastpass extension resolves CPU utilization and "Google Chrome Helper (Renderer)" process drops CPU and settles to normal level.

Looks like a bug has been introduced in the Google Chrome Extension in the May 20 release.

kliqks
Active Contributor

Re: Chrome Extension May 20 update version 4.72.0 Pins CPU on macOS after Login or Use

Same here. Icon clicks do nothing either. LastPass unusable.

All other LastPass apps - Desktop, Safari, Firefox appear to function normally 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Chrome Extension May 20 update version 4.72.0 Pins CPU on macOS after Login or Use

Hi @kliqks  @hammerich 

Are you using an Intel or M1 Mac?  If you left click can you navigate to Account options > Advanced > Clear Local Cache ?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kliqks
Active Contributor

Intel Mac

Catalina

Version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Lastpass ver 4.72.0

Not able to get to clear cache option. 

Options page does not load.

No Clear Cache option in right click menu.

hammerich
Active Contributor

Same as kliqks unable to get to options - LastPass just won't load at all from click on Extension icon

Intel Mac i9, 32gb, 16-inch 2019, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello everyone,

Our developers are aware of this issue that is affecting some users with the LastPass extension in Chrome and are investigating to resolve this issue as soon as possible. I have marked this as the Accepted Solution for now so that any new users to this thread will see this message right away.

EDIT: This issue has been resolved by our development team and an extension update has been released (v4.72.1) for the LastPass Chrome extension. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

lastpassangst
Active Contributor

Looks like there is concurrence with the problem on the Reddit forum for this, and enterprises have been reported being down as well.  It seems like this is dire enough for Lastpass to roll back the push of yesterday's update.  What is the ETA for this fix?

lastpassangst
Active Contributor

I can confirm that extension version 4.72.1 resolves the issue, and Chrome appears to be working OK again.  I'm hoping that Lastpass will provide a post-mortem here or somewhere else equally prominent on what allowed something out to production that broke people so badly.  It's not appropriate to continue to raise pricing while providing substandard development and testing for a supposed enterprise-quality product. 

ScottH1973
Active Contributor

Re: LastPass extension crashing/slow/hanging in Chrome on Windows and macOS

This problem is not solved - not for me, anyway.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.1052

Chrome Version 91.0.4472.101 (Official Build) (64-bit).  Updated today.

LastPass Chrome Extension 4.73.0.  Uninstalled and reinstalled today.

The extension widget (left) pull-down menu is spotty.  Works sometimes, hangs sometimes.  When I can manage to get the LastPass Vault to load (left-click), it usually times out.  I can right-click the LastPass widget.  When I try to load the Options page, it hangs.  Autofill isn't working at all.

No issues with LastPass for Firefox (but Chrome is my primary browser).