cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jel1
New Contributor

LastPass extension window is blank in Firefox

I see this has been a recurrent problem. I am setting up my new computer -Windows 10 2004 -- and have installed Firefox 84.02 x64. I am an LP Premium user and installed the latest version of LP, then the Firefox LP extension. The LP icon shows on the Firefox toolbar as usual, but when I click on it I get a small empty bubble, with no dialogue.

I've tried all the solutions I've given here -- refreshing, restarting and reinstalling Firefox and the problem remains. I've found nothing at Mozilla that indicates a problem with LP so far.  Any other suggestions? I'm pretty desperate here as I need LP to login for my work programs. Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks in advance

JL

17 REPLIES 17
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass extension window is blank in Firefox

Hello,

Apologies as I didn't see this listed in the steps you've already tried, could you try uninstalling the LastPass extension, restarting your computer (this is a required step) then reinstalling from here to see if the extension window then shows as it should? https://lastpass.com/download

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
jel1
New Contributor

LP not working with Mozilla Firefox v 85.0

I've used LP Premium with Firefox for many years. With the appearance of v. 84.01, LP no longer worked with Firefox. V. 84.02 appeared a few days ago and LP still did not work. After 2 days, they sent v. 85.0, and LP still doesn't work. I've notified Mozilla but have rec'd no reply yet. The problem is that when I install LP as an extension, the icon appears on the toolbar, but does not produce a login screen when clicked. Only an empty small bubble screen appears.  After spending 3 days with this mess I finally switched to Edge, where LP works perfectly.

Anyone else have this problem?

JL

jel1
New Contributor

Rachel - just saw your reply. When you say "installing from here..." and then the link...I downloaded and saved it to my system, but how to install? Do I just "run" or do I start from FF?
jel1
New Contributor

Rachel,
Saw how to use it and did so, exactly as you described. No luck. This time not even a dropdown screen. The icon was completely inactive.
Judith
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for giving that a try.  So that we can investigate and so that you don't post any private account information publicly, could you send me a private message with your LastPass account email address? To send me a private message, please click my username to view my profile, then click the blue "Send a Message" button in the upper right.

jel1
New Contributor

Rachel,

After all that, I am red-faced to admit that the problem was fixed by Refreshing v.85, which took out all my extensions. I had only 5 installed, including LastPass. I then closed FF, rebooted, reloaded my naked FF, and reinstalled only the LP extension. It worked and FF was able to load a banking site that also did not work in 84.02. The problem could have been caused by any of the extensions I had installed, the order in which I installed them, or by V. 84.02. This time LP went in first. I could try installing the extensions one by one and testing FF after. 

Thanks for your help,

JEL

SDeemer
New Contributor

I don't see a way to start a new topic, so I am adding to this one. Sharing my solution, in case it happens to others (this problem seems to be platform independent).

Environment: Acer Chromebook 713, running 89.0.4389.95 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I have been using LastPass for more than 5 years, and this is my first problem.  Without warning this afternoon, the LastPass extension window went blank. I tried the following to no avail:

• Clearing all LastPass cookies
  • Clearing cache
  • Power down and restart after clearing cache and LastPass cookies

I have a 2nd account on this Chromebook, which did not have LastPass installed. A new install of  LastPass on the 2nd account worked as soon as I logged in. I switched back to my master account, where the blank window problem still existed. After uninstalling/reinstalling LastPass, it worked.

Tip: I used to be a sysadmin, so I am a "belt and suspenders" type of user. Periodically export your LastPass password file to secure local storage. It's a CSV format, which can be imported into a spreadsheet for easier reading. If LastPass goes belly up, at least you will have all your data.

patricjames
New Contributor

I went through all the steps Rachel advised and the drop-down menu window is still blank.  This began yesterday morning when there was an automatic update to LastPass.  

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @patricjames

If you've already tried uninstalling the LastPass extension and reinstalling, could you try clearing your browser's cache, restarting your browser, then logging back in to LastPass to see if this fixes this issue?