cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marvin_J
Active Contributor

LastPass in-field button not working - Chrome

A few days ago, I noticed that the grey lastpass icon in the field was not working under Chrome. I am getting an error & warning in the extensions errors section they are listed below. I'm still able to login via the lastpass icon near the address bar.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

WARNING #1:

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

Context
https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=13&ct=1614569639&rver=7.0.6737.0&wp=MBI_SSL&wre...

Stack Trace
lpfulllib.js:1 (include_language)

ERROR #1:
Error in event handler: TypeError: Cannot read property 'slice' of null

Context
background.html

Stack Trace
userFriendlyDescriptions.js:1 (addUserFriendlyDescription)
lpInfield_bg.js:1 (a)
lpInfield_bg.js:1 (Object.getPopupFillData)
lpfulllib.js:1 (Object.callFunction)
lpfulllib.js:1 (Object.handleRequest)
platformBackground.js:1 (anonymous function)
lpfulllib.js:1 (e)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marvin_J
Active Contributor

Re: Field button not working - Chrome

Got this resolved!

As I suspected, the corrupted & blank entries were the culprit. After removing 800+ entries The field button is now working!

I did this by doing the following:

• Exporting the data, and filtering via Excel as Lastpass doesn't have a proper filtering function.
  • Searching for common elements ( | ‰, etc.)and deleting en-masse (100+ entries)
  • After each pass, I would export again and filter with Excel.
  • The remaining entries were 'blank' and had no username OR password. For these I used the security dashboard to list all of the 'missing' entries. Then utilizing a keyboard macro via my Logitech G13, moved each item into another folder to be deleted en-masse.
  • After doing so my button appeared to function properly!

Hope this helps anyone who has this issue as well!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DanDem
LogMeIn Contributor

It sounds like there may be something going on with your chrome. I noticed recently that Chrome forced me to restart in X amount of days.  I'm not sure if you have restarted it recently?  Either way you may want to create a ticket.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Apologies as I'm not sure what troubleshooting you've tried so far, could you try uninstalling the LastPass extension then reinstalling from here? https://lastpass.com/download/

@DanDem I have edited your post as there isn't a direct email to the LastPass support team, to create a support ticket (if this issue persists after reinstalling the extension) you would need to scroll down to the bottom of a support article related to the issue and click the "Contact Support" link at the bottom to create a ticket with the support team.

If this issue isn't fixed by reinstalling the extension, please click the "Contact Support" link at the bottom of this support article: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/my-lastpass-extension-has-disappeared-or-may-have-been-...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Marvin_J
Active Contributor

So...

The problem still persists across several platforms / computers... I've done the following

• Uninstalled & reinstalled Chrome plugin
  • Uninstalled & reinstalled Chrome plugin on a chromebook
  • Installed Edge Plugin
  • Installed Firefox Plugin

In all senarios, the field button does NOT work.

This leads me to believe that there is an issue with the password data itself.

Apparently all of this stemmed from a few days ago when I was organizing some passwords / folders. and upon further inspection, MANY password / usernames have been duplicated, and have garbldygook for either a username or password or sometimes both... EG:

6bʁ4㵐ύU退

These are NOT the generated passwords I've normally used. And many have Chinese characters in them.

Also, there are MANY entries that are just duplicates but are completely blank.

So I exported everything, tracked down, and removed all (I think) of the garbled entries, but there are still over 760+ 'blank' entries. and the field button still doesn't work. I will follow up with lastpass support directly, hopefully they'll be able to get to the bottom of this.

Marvin_J
Active Contributor

Got this resolved!

As I suspected, the corrupted & blank entries were the culprit. After removing 800+ entries The field button is now working!

I did this by doing the following:

• Exporting the data, and filtering via Excel as Lastpass doesn't have a proper filtering function.
  • Searching for common elements ( | ‰, etc.)and deleting en-masse (100+ entries)
  • After each pass, I would export again and filter with Excel.
  • The remaining entries were 'blank' and had no username OR password. For these I used the security dashboard to list all of the 'missing' entries. Then utilizing a keyboard macro via my Logitech G13, moved each item into another folder to be deleted en-masse.
  • After doing so my button appeared to function properly!

Hope this helps anyone who has this issue as well!

View solution in original post

RickP-1958
New Contributor

the solution talks about exporting your last pass data.  But where did you do the editing?  On the exported data?  If so, did you then IMPORT that edited data back into Last Pass?  My dad is having lastpass autofill login problems too!

Marvin_J
Active Contributor

No, I made changes directly in Lastpass. I didn't want to risk making duplicates further exasperating the situation. I merely used Excel to help filter and find blanks and corrupted entries.

Hope this helps!