cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fwafwow
New Contributor

LastPass is not saving passwords when they are updated

I've been a relatively satisfied user for a few years. I've noticed a few problems, however:

LastPass rarely automatically updates password changes that I make to online sites. I have the browser extensions installed and usually have my Vault open, and the best I get is that when I manually update a site's password, my computer switches me to the Vault as the open application, but nothing more. 
The two factor authentication feature seems to be buggy - 

First, I have set it up multiple times, but it seems to turn itself off, even after I confirm that it is enabled. I did get it to work once (in that it required me to enter the authenticator code), but then it turned off and I'm able to login without the authentication.
Second, I can't choose to use multiple authentication apps (LastPass and Google), as when I did LastPass and added Google, the program turned off LastPass Authenticator.
The Security Dashboard seems to not work. I went through some steps (including adding 2 factor - see above), and changing my weak passwords doesn't seem to change the rating, and the list remains the same (even after I change passwords). And it takes forever to provide the "Security Score"
Is it just me???

17 REPLIES 17
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass going downhill?

Hello,

Could you try these steps to see if it resolves these issues?

• Click the LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
  • Go to Account Options or click your email at the bottom of this menu > Advanced > Refresh Sites then Clear Local Cache.
  • Log out and log back in to your LastPass account.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
fwafwow
New Contributor

Thanks @RachelO , and my apologies for the delay in replying. I followed the steps you recommended and here's what happened.

• The time for the Security score to update was still about 8 minutes.
  • The 2 factor authentication worked initially after I logged out and logged back in. After about 10 minutes when I rechecked the status, it said "inactive" next to multifactor authentication.
  • I tried updating a password on a website and after doing so, I was merely kicked back to the LastPass vault - there was no automatic update.

So basically, nothing changed.  Please don't ask me to remove and reinstall LastPass, or check whether my OS is up to date. I have LastPass installed on two computers, and the OS is up to date on both. 

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for giving that a try. We've done a refresh on your account, could you try uninstalling the LastPass extension then reinstalling and testing once again?

fwafwow
New Contributor

It says to uninstall the extension, I have to uninstall the entire program. Is that what you want me to do?

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Apologies, if you are using the LastPass Mac app (and Safari extension) you would want to uninstall the LastPass Mac app (https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/uninstall-lastpass-lp010011), empty your Trash, then reinstall.

fwafwow
New Contributor

I will do this, but do you understand that I have it installed on two Macs? That makes it a bit more likely that the problem is not specific to my computer.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

We've done a refresh on the account, which may resolve this issue, but it is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the app/extension on both devices to be sure and test once again.

fwafwow
New Contributor

Ok - now I'm very irritated. I've spent the last half-hour plus doing the most recent suggestion and nothing has changed. I also figured out that LastPass continues to run in the background - even after a Force Quit - which prevents the reinstallation of the extension without multiple restarts. And each time I ran the Security score, it still takes 6-7 minutes to produce a score, and each time it tells me that my multi factor is not active, after I have set it up (and logged in once using the LP authenticator app).

Am I able to speak to you or someone else? This is getting incredibly frustrating

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

If you're still experiencing this issue, we would recommend submitting a bug report to the technical team so that they can gather more specific details and help resolve this issue, following the steps here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass