cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al_k
Active Contributor

LastPass logs me out each time I close the browser

I upgraded from version Chrome 29.0.1 to version Version 35.0.1.0, Slimjet Portable is the browser.

LastPass version is:  LastPass Extension Version: 4.97.0 - Built: Wed Jun 08 2022 08:31:10

Prior to the upgrade I only had to log in once to LastPass and SlimJet would remember it, and I had access to all my accounts from then on. After the upgrade I have to log in each time I start up SlimJet. After the first login I have access to all my accounts in LastPass as before no problem.

But if I close the browser I have to log in to LastPass the next time I start SlimJet. 

I notice that when I start up SlimJet the password icon briefly changes from black to red, then immediately back to black, and presents me with a login screen to enter my user/password. 

At first I thought it was the browser, but I've been using both SlimJet and LastPass for a long time and was pretty familiar with the settings. The thing that makes me think it is a LastPass problem, is as mentioned above the icon blinks from black to red and then back to black. BUT if I hover over the LastPass Icon it says that LastPass has access to the site.  But if I click the icon, it asks me for my username and password to access the site. So without logging in, LastPass knows that I have a login and password for the site, but the first time I start the browser it still asks me to fill my username/password.  

=======================================================

Log out when all browsers are closed – Specify when LastPass should log out of your session upon closing all web browsers that are in session with LastPass. Check the box to enable this feature, and when you relaunch a web browser, you will be asked to enter your master password. If you want to stay logged in to LastPass upon browser close, leave the box unchecked. This setting is disabled by default.

=======================================================

I've tried upgrading the old version in place, and then a fresh install. Same results both versions.

With this one exception the upgrade went very well, so no complaints there. But I would like to see if I could get this problem solved.

Regards,

Al K

9 REPLIES 9
ReviveQuality
Active Contributor

Re: LastPass logs me out each time I close the browser

I didn't read his entire thread & I don't know what SlimJet is, but I have the same similar problem that I've NEVER had since I started with LP since 2009. This bug started about a month ago.

I restart my computer & now most of the time I'm logged out of LP. The odd time it keeps me logged in.

I'm on Brave.

Please fix.

Al_k
Active Contributor

I'm almost 100% positive that this is a bug in the most recent version on LastPass.

Version: 4.97.0 Built: Wed Jun 08 2022 08:31:10 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)

After fumbling around with it for a couple of hourson my Desktop  I just gave up and went to my  large TV to watch some videos on YouTube.  After a bit I noticed a large red announcement at the top of the screen that there was a problem with LastPass. When I clicked on the warning message it said my password was incorrect. I tried my old one, and it didn't work, so I tried the new one that I used on my desktop a few minutes before. And that worked. But when I logged off, I lost connection to LastPass and had to manually log in. Same problem now as on my desktop.

So I went to my Travel Bag computer, running Windows 7 to see what would happen. I unplugged my router, and desktop computer so there would be no contact with my Travel Bag computer. I started it up and checked the version of LastPass  and it was 4.96.0 dated 5/30/2022.

But then I turned on the router, and restored some files from the desktop to the Travel Bag laptop and guess what happened when I started up my web browser. Yep, it asked me for my username/password, and when I entered it and check the version number it was now 4.97.0  dated 6/8/2022 and it was acting just like my Desktop, my TV Portable both running Windows 10 and the Travel Bag was running Windows 7.

So there can be no doubt that the latest version 4.97.0 dated 6/8/2022 is to blame.  It will be interesting to see what LastPass does to fix this problem, and when.

ReviveQuality
Active Contributor

They just sent me a survey via email LOL Did you get one?

I just saw another thread where people on Fx are complaining too.

LP, are you there? Hello???

I pay for the pro version with your escalated prices. Where's the support?
Al_k
Active Contributor

Nope, didn't get any kind of survey from LastPass.

I mean who needs a survey, just fix the problem.

To be honest I'm kind of annoyed at LastPass automatically updating to the latest version without asking permission to do so. Additionally I don't see any way to roll back the update that's causing the problem back to the one that works.

Seems like LastPass is dropped the ball on the ability to roll back updates.

ReviveQuality
Active Contributor

All software is updating without our permission now.

It's all part of their control of our computers/devices.

I gave up trying to stop Win from updating on their own. goolag does it too on my phone.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hey folks,

I wanted to just mention here that Slimjet and Brave are not browsers we currently support in full.  We will discuss adding full support for these in the future, but by design they are meant to block apps and websites from freely communicating for security purposes. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ReviveQuality
Active Contributor

Ash, I've been using Brave for around 2+ years now & I never had a problem before.

Are you trying to force us to move from brave?

Why would you code something that makes it so we aren't logged in all the time when we've always been logged in before?

Brave isn't blocking anything. It makes no sense to me.

If you can prove that it's Brave doing this, I will go talk to them.

Thanks
AshC
GoTo Moderator

@ReviveQuality  It may have been a recent update from Brave or a security setting that changed, blocking LastPass ability to communicate or store saved cookies locally.

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ReviveQuality
Active Contributor

No, that's not it.

I just launched Chrome b/c I needed it for something else & it also wasn't logged in.

And Brave works on cookies for sites, not extensions.