cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wizzer40
Active Contributor

LastPass logs out in Firefox but not in Chrome .

I use both Firefox and Chrome.  LastPass logs out every time I close Firefox but does not log out in Chrome.  I have the same exact settings for LastPass in both Browsers.  Any ideas why it logs out in Firefox?  Any way the correct it so it doesn't?   I don't have the boxes checked about logging out when closing the browser either.  Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass logs out in Firefox but not in Chrome .

Hi @wizzer40,

Could you check or enable cookies within your web browser settings? If your web browser is clearing, discarding, or blocking cookies this could cause you to have to log in every time the browser is opened. If you're using private or incognito tabs or have Firefox set to "Never Remember History" in Settings > Privacy & Security > History section this could also cause this to happen.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RachelO

Hi @wizzer40,

Could you check or enable cookies within your web browser settings? If your web browser is clearing, discarding, or blocking cookies this could cause you to have to log in every time the browser is opened. If you're using private or incognito tabs or have Firefox set to "Never Remember History" in Settings > Privacy & Security > History section this could also cause this to happen.

View solution in original post

wizzer40
Active Contributor

Hi Rachel

I checked the settings and the history was set at "Remember History" so I left that alone.  Scrolling through the Privacy and Security section for the umpteenth time I did see this time that the box for deleting cookies when closing the browser was checked so I unchecked that and all seems well.  Thank you for your help!!! 

wizzer40
Active Contributor

never mind

karlochacon
New Contributor

I am having the same issue

never mind meant is still not working?

In fact I use Incognito and I see this so maybe that's why it does not work

In permanent private browsing mode, cookies and site data will always be cleared when Firefox is closed.

any workaround for this? Fiefox 93.0

Thanks 

Tags (1)
wizzer40
Active Contributor

My issue is back again.  Working on seeing if anything changed with any updates but LastPass signs out when I close Firefox

RachelO

Hi @karlochacon,

In permanent private browsing mode, cookies and site data will always be cleared when Firefox is closed, there isn't a way we are aware of to work around this unless you were to see if Firefox has an option to allow cookies and site data to not be cleared when Firefox is closed, or you would need to sign in to LastPass each time you open Firefox.