cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeekDad
New Contributor

LastPass on macOS (Big Sur and Monterey - Intel Mac) menu icon closing when closing the vault

LastPass 4.84.0
MacOS: Big Sur and also on Monterey (on an Intel MacBook)

The LastPass menu status icon doesn't seem to stay open when closing the main Vault App window on MacOS with an intel chip. I have another Mac with an M1 chip and it seems to work fine. Closing the Vault window keeps the LastPass menu icon active and useful, but on the Intel Mac, for whatever reason, I can only keep the Icon on the menu status bar if I minimize the Vault (clicking minimize instead of close)

I can't find any settings/preferences that I can toggle to keep it on the menu bar.

Anyone else encountered this and if so, what is the solution?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
jhfenton
New Contributor

Re: LastPass on macOS (Big Sur and Monterey - Intel Mac) menu icon closing when closing the vault

I am now having this issue as well. This wasn't the behavior until recently. If I close the Vault app window, it closes LastPass entirely.

Mac mini (2018), 2.6 GHz Intel i7, macOS Big Sur 12.1 beta

I don't have a current Monterey system on which to test the behavior.

nerfyoda
New Contributor

Re: LastPass on macOS (Big Sur and Monterey - Intel Mac) menu icon closing when closing the vault

I'm running into the same issue on a 2018 MacBook Pro, model MR942LL/A running macOS Monterrey 12.0.1 and LastPass app version 4.84.0 (1209). I haven't found a fix yet, but I'm hoping someone else has.

JJ-USA
New Contributor

Same here ... and very frustrating.

Does it do any good to post here??

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

This issue should be fixed with the upcoming release of LastPass v4.87 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jhfenton
New Contributor

Thank you. I will keep an eye out for the next update.

nerfyoda
New Contributor

Thanks, @GlennD! I pulled in the 4.87 update. I'm now running "Version 4.87.0 (1223)" and still get the same behavior, closing all open windows exits the program. Is there anything else I should be doing?

jhfenton
New Contributor

I'm also still seeing the same behavior. LastPass quits when I close the vault window. I have to minimize or hide the window.

I'm running Version 4.87.0 (1223) on Monterey 12.1 release.

Capture d’écran 2022-01-14 à 19.31.33.jpeg