cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BKing1
New Contributor

LastPass vault is unresponsive in the new Chrome 94.0

When I pull up LastPass in Chrome this morning, it comes up but is greyed out and not responsive. It is working on my phone and another laptop. Chrome is up to date. Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: LastPass in Chrome

Hi,

We identified an issue with the new version of Chrome 94.0 that was released today, it causes the Vault to be unresponsive.  We are working on releasing an update and new browser extension in the next 48 hours as long as no other issues are discovered before then. 

Update: Signing in directly on the website https://www.lastpass.com/ will work as normal. The extension update is will be coming soon.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Matt173
Active Contributor

Lasspass chrome extension screen freezes when editing or removing password cards

I have been a paying subscriber of lastpass for many years and just renewed my subscription. Right after, each time I try to edit or try to remove any of my password cards the lastpass extension freezes and nothing happens. The screen is grayed out and I can't click on any buttons on the screen, the only way is to shut down the chrome tab or entirely close Google Chrome.

I use windows 10 pro and the Google Chrome lastpass extension. I already reinstalled Chrome and also removed and added back the newest lastpass Chrome extension. Same problem. Lastpass is basically unusable on my PC at the moment.

What happened? Is there a bug with the newest extension? The entire screen is grayed out and I can't work with lastpass on my PC. Urgent help needed.

One issue I notized is that each time I open the vault in my chrome browser, it asks me for a introductory tour and even I click on never to show it again it keeps asking me each single time I reopen the vault. I suspect that lastpass cannot write anything to the local cache? Perhaps it is locked or whatever and hence when I edit or try to remove password cards it attempts to write to some local storage but can't and that causes the freeze? Just a hunch though
Kolmar
New Contributor

Having the same issue after update Chrome to the latest version today. (Ver. 94.0.4606.54)

working on my phone and in other browser, only having the issue with Chrome.

RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Lasspass chrome extension screen freezes when editing or removing password cards

Hi @Matt173,

Could you try logging in to your Vault in a Private/Incognito browser window to see if this still happens? Could you also try logging in to LastPass after disabling all other ad/content/popup blockers (including other extensions which may block ads/content/popup) as we've noticed this could cause this issue.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
KBarlage
New Contributor

Re: Lasspass chrome extension screen freezes when editing or removing password cards

I am experiencing this exact issue with no resolution so far. I have narrowed it down to being an issue with Chrome and the Laspass extension. The computer has no other extensions installed. Lastpass works fine with Edge and Firefox. Below is a list of what I have tried so far.

1. Removed & Re-added the LastPass Extension

2. Cleared Browser Cache & Cookies

3. Cleared LastPass cache

4. Uninstall & Reinstall Chrome

This was not an issue till 8:30am this morning (9/22). Yesterday LastPass was functioning perfectly fine. When the screen turns grey, refreshing the page will take you back to the Vault homepage. It will grey screen once again when trying to edit a saved credential.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-Kevin

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

We identified an issue with the new version of Chrome 94.0 that was released today, it causes the Vault to be unresponsive.  We are working on releasing an update and new browser extension in the next 48 hours as long as no other issues are discovered before then. 

Update: Signing in directly on the website https://www.lastpass.com/ will work as normal. The extension update is will be coming soon.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Matt173
Active Contributor

Hi @RachelO ,

I tried your suggestions but that did not help. Lastpass also does not work in Chrome Incognito and I do not have any ad blockers or other extensions installed in Google Chrome. Lastpass works without flaw in MS Edge and in Mobile Android Chrome. But it is unusable and frozen in Google Chrome on my PC Desktop computer. I am using Google Chrome (version: 94.0.4606.54, and the Lastpass Extension version 4.80.0)

Matt173
Active Contributor

That describes the identical issue I am having. Clearly a bug with Chrome and the Chrome Lastpass extension. I have not changed anything in my Chrome settings and a short while it was working without flaw. A new update must have introduced this bug.
geogolem
New Contributor

I am also experiencing this issue. As a temporary workaround try pressing "Escape" on the keyboard when the window is greyed out. I am then able to use the lastpass vault for a bit before it locks up again.

Hopefully they release a fix in the next 48 hours as they mentioned..

dexblack
New Contributor

Re: LastPass vault is unresponsive in the new Chrome 94.0

Please note that you can of course use LastPass with other browsers. Edge works fine for instance.