cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve1973
Active Contributor

Re: Lastpass blank window pop up

Disabling MFA will also resolve this issue in the latest versions of LastPass.

Endyss
New Contributor

Confirmed! Steve1973's solution "resolved" the issue for me on the current version 4.94.0.

Unfortunately, this reduces one of the key security aspects of LastPass, but it's workable for now.  Hopefully it will be resolved shortly in future versions so MFA can be re-enabled, but at least this is a temporary fix for me.

luuk1982
Active Contributor

Same here. Maybe a little more accurate:

• If I start Safari and LastPass MacOS app is not running, it will start the LastPass MacOS app but it shows an empty window with a "-" in the titlebar.
  • If I start the LastPass MacOS app and Safari is running it shows an empty window with a "-" in the titlebar.
  • If I start the LastPass MacOS app and Safari is not running it shows an empty window with a "-" in the titlebar but it additionally also shows the regular vault-login-window.
  • If I quit the LastPass MacOS app and Safari is running it shows an empty window with a "-" in the titlebar.
  • In Safari pressing the "..." LastPass icon shows an empty panel.
  • Everything works fine in Chrome.

My setup:

• MacOS 11.6.4 (Big Sur)
  • Safari 15.3 (16612.4.9.1.8, 16612) / Chrome 100.0.4896.127
  • LastPass 4.94.0 (both Chrome and Safari extension installed)
jkpalmer5203
Active Contributor

Re: Lastpass blank window pop up in Safari

There seems to be a lot of the users responding to this thread indicating that the problem may be associated with 2FA.

I do not have 2FA enabled and have never enabled it, so 2FA may not be related to the problem.

Just sayin....

willsie01
New Contributor

I'm having this issue on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

PhantomSoul
New Contributor

Disable MFA and use another browser or the Mac OS Vault to kill local sessions, to force all the security aspects to reset. It seems MFA is causing some permissions conflicts with version 4.94 in Safari, that will be fixed in a (hopefully near-) future LastPass update.

Sure, disabling MFA makes LastPass a little less secure, but it's only temporary, and you can change your master password to something Uber-complex, and store it in Safari's passwords (again, its just temporary). If you do this, though, make sure your computer login is something adequately complex for where and how you use your computer, and that your iCloud/AppleID login is both adequately complex and has 2FA enabled.

PlanoPilot
Active Contributor

I'm having this problem as well. I'm glad to know it's not just a local problem. But it's annoying as hell. No matter what I do, the Safari extension panel for LastPass appears empty. There is a badge on the toolbar icon (showing the number of matching sites), but that's it. Form fills and the Vault app work fine.

PlanoPilot_0-1651872881895.png

LastPass 4.94.0

MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2021) with M1 Pro CPU

Disabling 2FA did not help. Neither did disabling/re-enabling the Safari extension, removing/reinstalling the Mac app, rebooting, or clearing Safari cache.

luuk1982
Active Contributor

Hmm, I fixed a part of the problem, maybe it works for you guys as well.

• Clear all Safari history
  • Disable and enable 2FA

I don't know which of the actions fixed what, but now the problem with the empty window with a "-" in the title is gone. Also, autofill works again, and when I have multiple passwords for the same site, the little in-field button wit

h the password picker (e.g. [3] i.c.o. three passwords) works again.

I'm only left with the empty panel under "..." in the Safari extension itself.

martindouglasj
New Contributor

Same problem here. Going to try disabling and re-enabling MFA. Completely disabling 2FA/MFA for an undetermined amount of time is not a viable workaround in my opinion.

LastPass 4.94.0

Safari 15.4

macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

asfesq
Active Contributor

👏🏻THAK YOU! YES! Confirmed but also have the Safari button working now. Here's my added input:

• Cleared all Safari history
  • Disabled 2FA
  • Removed 2FA for LP from Google Authenticator
  • Quit Lastpass, then Quit Safari
  • Restarted LastPass, then Restarted Safari
  • Set up 2FA for Google Authenticator again (NOTE: may have done this before re-launching Safari)

I'm ONLY seeing the blank Safari box if there aren't any passwords to fill in.

I want to note that it's outrageous that GoTo has left us hanging with NO suggestions, updates, or information on progress. This is embarrassingly terrible support and had me considering reversing the charge that I JUST paid. I held out hoping for some support. <OK...deep breathing exercises>