cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newmikey
New Contributor

Lastpass extension login hangs indefinitely without showing 2-factor authentication

I had 2-factor authentication switched off on my home account (which I switched to premium today) but the extension hangs indefinitely on login without showing the 2-factor authentication settings. When I login in to my company's LastPass in the same browser, things work as usual and I can send a message to Duo activating login.

Behaviour is the same in Chrome and Firefox.

3 REPLIES 3
newmikey
New Contributor

Re: Lastpass extension login hangs indefinitely without showing 2-factor authentication

Oh, yes, before I forget. Lastpass works fine on my Android phone on the same account.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Lastpass extension login hangs indefinitely without showing 2-factor authentication

Hi @newmikey,

We've done a refresh on your account, could you try uninstalling the LastPass extension, restarting your browsers, then reinstalling and seeing if you can then log in successfully? 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
newmikey
New Contributor

Hi Rachel and thanks for the attempt but it did not change the info. Below you can see the dialog window I get after inputting username and password with a large white space where the 2-factor authentication (DUO in my case) should go.

lastpass-missing-2factor.jpg

I'm not sure if that would help you diagnose but I also have a Lastpass account via my employer and I can login to that without a hitch. Same dialog comes up with in the empty space the option to send a push-message to DUO authenticator or an SMS to my phone.