cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sleepy138
New Contributor

Lastpass is adding a CSS element below footer

Hello, 

I work for a Cloud based VoIP provider and our customers using LastpPass recently reported an issue when visiting our webpages. 

The pages are being cut in half by an element that the LastpPass extension is adding in below the footer. 

We see the following below the footer when the LastPass extension is enabled: 

<div style="position: static !important;"></div>

If we disable Lastpass the element disappears and the issue is cleared. 

Alternatively, if you delete the element the page displays correctly.  The issue reoccurs as soon as you hit refresh.

Is there anyway we can fix this so our customers can continue to use Lastpass extensions in their browser?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Re: Lastpass is adding a CSS element below footer

Really sorry for the delay on this one. We just released 4.102 which should take care of this particularly annoying problem.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
andrew735
LastPass Contributor

We do have a fix for this that should go out next week but it would be good to confirm if it will fix this case.  Is the website where the issue occurs publicly accessible? If so can you share the url?

ittus
New Contributor

There is an issue with Kubeflow UI
https://github.com/kubeflow/kubeflow/issues/6610

where we have

body > * {
   flex: 1 1 0%;
}

Then the `<div style="position: static !important;"></div>` will take half of the screen.

Please help to release the fix as soon as possible.
Thanks,

Sleepy138
New Contributor

Good afternoon, 

Any updates on this issue?  We are still seeing the same problem on this end. 

You are free to check this by visiting https://nvl100.nvhosted.net

Thank you. 

abaland
New Contributor

I'd like to bump this too to ask if there's an ETA for the fix to be published.

LastPass extension is used throughout our company and right now it's preventing a lot of us to see Kubeflow UI due to this div hiding half of the browser view. Thread about the issue for Kubeflow is https://github.com/kubeflow/kubeflow/issues/6610 but I really doubt Kubeflow is the only application facing this issue as pointed out in that thread

New Contributor

Signed up to bump this issue as well - have reported this extension to both the chrome and firefox extension stores; LastPass/LogMeIn, I know you are busy with the recent security breach which leaked LastPass master passwords (yes, there's evidence, even if LastPass themselves have openly said they aren't aware of any; I have evidence that my master password, which was exclusively used for LastPass has appeared on haveibeenpwned, so the fact that you don't is and astounding demonstration of incompetency or an outright fallacy) , but please fix this issue and stop tampering with websites and users' experience on a wide reaching number of websites.

This is a major issue. You said you had a fix weeks ago. Release the fix, then announce that you were breached so your users can protect themselves.

Stevenvso
Active Contributor

Has this been deployed yet? Its very important and we may have to cease using LP if its not fixed urgently. 

Stevenvso
Active Contributor

any update on this?

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Thanks for your patience. 

We are currently working on the fix, and should be releasing an update this month. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Tags (1)
Stevenvso
Active Contributor

Thanks @AshC  .  maybe you don't realise it but this is a huge issue for us. We're seriously considering moving away from LP if it isn't fixed soon and I imagine their are others in the same boat. Please keep us all updated. 

Tags (1)