cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCool51
New Contributor

Lastpass won't login using Firefox

As of today I can't login to Lastpass with Firefox using either the extension or direct to the Lastpass website in the browser. I submit my email and password and receive the SMS passcode for 2FA but nothing happens. Lastpass attempts to login showing the rotating wheel then times out with logging in. Using Firefox 98.0.1 and Win 10.

I can login using Edge but not Firefox. This was working yesterday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DCool51
New Contributor

Re: Lastpass won't login using Firefox

I Haven't had any replies as yet but have found the problem after comparing the setup on another PC. The fault lies not with Firefox but with Kaspersky Free AV. I don't know what caused it but assume it was an overnite  Kaspersky database update.

I exited Kaspersky then uninstalled the reinstalled Firefox the tried an the Lastpass logged in and opened. I restarted the PC along with Kaspersky and I could login and open the vault. So this was solved but I couldn't then open the Account Options. Opening Kaspersky I then went to Security Settings/Network Settings and turned off the Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird certificate store which was set to use the Windows certificate store (recommended) and the Account Options now works. The other PC uses Kaspersky Security Cloud Free and there is no problem there so I'm assuming there was/is an issue with Kasperky Free AV using the certificate store. Doesn't have an issue with MS Edge.

This may help others if they have the same issue with Lastpass and Kaspersky.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @DCool51, welcome to the community.

Could you please try signing directly on our website using a private Firefox tab?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DCool51
New Contributor

I Haven't had any replies as yet but have found the problem after comparing the setup on another PC. The fault lies not with Firefox but with Kaspersky Free AV. I don't know what caused it but assume it was an overnite  Kaspersky database update.

I exited Kaspersky then uninstalled the reinstalled Firefox the tried an the Lastpass logged in and opened. I restarted the PC along with Kaspersky and I could login and open the vault. So this was solved but I couldn't then open the Account Options. Opening Kaspersky I then went to Security Settings/Network Settings and turned off the Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird certificate store which was set to use the Windows certificate store (recommended) and the Account Options now works. The other PC uses Kaspersky Security Cloud Free and there is no problem there so I'm assuming there was/is an issue with Kasperky Free AV using the certificate store. Doesn't have an issue with MS Edge.

This may help others if they have the same issue with Lastpass and Kaspersky.

SidJnsn
New Contributor

Signed up just to say thank you for this.  I had the same issue and had worked days trying all kinds of things.  Your fix nailed it and saved what little hair I have left!

SidJnsn
New Contributor

I should add that, in my case, I only had to exit Kaspersky, and then log in to LP from firefox.  Then I restarted Kaspersky, and everything worked normally thereafter.  So I did not have to make the Kaspersky setting change for reinsall Firefox again.  I am using Kaspersky Free.

muglor
New Contributor

thanks for puzzling this out. like the person below, simply exiting kasp AV before logging into LP did the trick for me