cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnml49
Active Contributor

Every time I close my Edge browser and then reopen in I am required to login.  I don't know what has changed but I use to be able to say logged in for 30 day.  I have looked at all the settings I can find and still cant change this behavior.  Please help

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Log in to Lastpass Extension every time I open the browser

Thanks for giving that a try. Could you check this setting as well? In Edge Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Clear browsing data on close > make sure "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files" are NOT enabled

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @johnml49,

We would recommend checking your automatic log out settings in your Extension Preferences: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/manage-automatic-log-out

and also check your browser's settings, as if your browser is set to block/clear cookies this could cause you to need to log in more often than desired: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/why-am-i-seeing-a-message-that-my-session-has-expired-l... (this article is a bit different than your specific situation but shows how to be sure cookies/cache aren't being blocked or cleared.)

johnml49
Active Contributor

I have checked my extension settings.  The first two options under security are unchecked.  I am allowing sites to save and read cookies and I am not blocking 3rd party cookies.  This is  driving me crazy but I am close to remembering my password.

Thanks

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for giving that a try. Could you check this setting as well? In Edge Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Clear browsing data on close > make sure "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files" are NOT enabled

View solution in original post

johnml49
Active Contributor

Rachel,

Thanks, that seemed to work.   "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files" were enabled.

I’ll keep you posted.

John