cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeedHelpHacked
New Contributor

Login recovery failed

LastPass account recovery failed.

The LastPass browser extension hasn't been installed.

Please try account recovery again from a browser with the LastPass extension.

I'm not able to delete a recently created Lastpass account. It does not contain any account information. I don't have the Master password, a hint, or any one time codes, and cannot change the Master password. Because of this mess I'm not able to change passwords on other existing accounts. I've recently been hacked and this is proving to be more than frustrating.  I've made sure that the Lastpass extensions have been added to the 2 browsers I use and this is the last error I get after going through the entire recovery process multiple times.

LastPass account recovery failed.

The LastPass browser extension hasn't been installed.

Please try account recovery again from a browser with the LastPass extension.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Login recovery failed

Hi @NeedHelpHacked,

If you have access to the email address you can reset your account by following these steps https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/reset-your-lastpass-account-lp010066 When asked if you know your Master Password select No. This will allow you to start over with a new empty Vault and new master password.

If you'd prefer to Delete the account instead, instructions are linked in the help article above.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @NeedHelpHacked,

If you have access to the email address you can reset your account by following these steps https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/reset-your-lastpass-account-lp010066 When asked if you know your Master Password select No. This will allow you to start over with a new empty Vault and new master password.

If you'd prefer to Delete the account instead, instructions are linked in the help article above.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

NeedHelpHacked
New Contributor

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much  for coming to my rescue!!   Now I can begin recovering my computer and account information after being hacked and crashing.   I may try Lastpass again once I get everything up and running.