cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LudoMar
New Contributor

Master Password lost

Hi everyone,

Since years I have been log in to my LastPass account using the finger print. 

This morning the app in my mobile phone didn't give me the possibility to log in with the finger print but instead It asked for the password. After years I do not recall my password!

All the recovery option do not work with me as I never used any browser with lastpass and I never set any recovery plan. 

Do someone knows if it is possible to email LastPass and ask to have the possibility to log into the account with the finger print? Do someone have any alternative solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
LudoMar
New Contributor

FingerPrint Issue

Hi everyone!

Big issue! today my last pass mobile app requested me to login with the Password instead of the finger print.

I am using the fingerprint since years and it never asked me since then the password. Is there a way to have the app to ask for the finger print again? I don't have recovery plan. I don't think they even existed when I downloaded the app. Is it possible for the support center to enable the finger print as recovery plan so that I can access again as I was already using it (so it is already memorized)?

LudoMar
New Contributor

MasterPassword requirements

Hi everyone!

I created my lastpass account years ago (I don't recall when exactly but for sure more then 2 years ago).

I would like to understand if the requirements for the master password have always been the same:

• At least 12 characters long
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 lowercase letter
  • At least 1 uppercase letter

I always logged in with the fingerprint option. Now the app is asking the password. I have written down a password that seems to be not correct. I am trying everything I can to regain access to the app.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: MasterPassword requirements

Hi @LudoMar,

Previously the Master Password needed to be at least 8 characters characters in length. Unfortunately, if for some reason the biometrics connection with the LastPass App stops working it cannot be re-enabled without the Master Password. 

Everyone should take a moment to set up as many of the recovery options as they can. Even if you are using the Free plan only on mobile devices, you can install the browser extension and sign into your account to generate a recovery one-time password in that browser. I recommend doing this with a web browser you do not a actively use on your desktop so there is less chance that you will clear it's cache and lose the recovery OTP.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
LudoMar
New Contributor

@GlennD

Thank you for your answer. I believe the problem is due to the fact that the application has been updated the 29 of October (2021).

Is it possible to see which requirements there were when I created my MasterPassword? If only 8 characters or others?

Sorry to bother but I really have to do whatever I can to log in into the app.

Thank you very much.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Master Passwords that were created back when the minimum was 8 characters still work are not affected by updates to the software or the new requirements. The new requirements only take effect when you create a new Master Password. We never see your Master Password on our side, so I cannot tell you how many characters you used. I can only see if a sign in failed or was successful.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!