cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pete2kay
New Contributor

Not receiving 2FA SMS

Hi guys, I'm really frustrated because I've not been able to login to LastPass on Desktop for months now. I'm not receiving 2FA SMS despite all efforts, I receive SMS 2FA from other apps no issues. I've had to stop my subscription because of this.

8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Not receiving 2FA SMS

Hi @pete2kay, welcome to the community.

All I can recommend is the troubleshooting steps in our support article, or switch to using an app like LastPass Authenticator for your 2FA codes.

You can try any of the following, then attempt to send the SMS message again:

• Try restarting your phone.
  • Check your phone’s SMS inbox storage and be sure you can receive messages.
  • Verify your phone has good network reception.
  • Verify your phone is not in roaming status.
  • Insert your SIM card into another phone and try to authenticate using a different device.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
pete2kay
New Contributor

Re: Not receiving 2FA SMS

I have gone through all these steps as mentioned earlier, I work with my telephone company and I can confirm there is nothing wrong on my end, as I also stated earlier. These generic responses are not helping unfortunately
fmeow
New Contributor

Multifactor authentication problems

I am logging in a new device, and lastpass requires a 2FA via SMS or phone call.

When I choose SMS 2FA, I don't receive any relavent SMS message. I tried "call me" option to get 2FA code via phone call and it just returns to login page and complains "Multifactor authentication failed!".

Now I cannot login my Lastpass account at all. What should I do?

Jenetism
New Contributor

SMS code not received

No matter how many times I tried, I never received any SMS for verification, please help, I need to recover my account. It's not my phone's problem, it receives any other SMS just fine.

Tags (1)
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: SMS code not received

@Jenetism  Please try the troubleshooting steps outlined in this Community thread.  If needed we can confirm your identity manually and temporarily disable the SMS verification. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Jenetism
New Contributor

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I would like to disable verification and find my password back please, thank you
Jenetism
New Contributor

Please I need to disable sms verification, please instruct, thank you
AshC
GoTo Moderator

@Jenetism  I have created a case for Customer Support to follow up with you.  Expect an email with several security questions to be answered before your identity can be confirmed. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.