cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walen615
New Contributor

Only filling Edge fields in InPrivate mode - window prompts to "Start Typing"

Fields are not being filled in when using Edge unless InPrivate mode is used.

In a normal Edge session, fields are not filled in anymore, and when the red LastPass icon inside a field is clicked, then a windows pops up at the top left and prompts "Start Typing".

What is causing this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
MathemAddicts
Active Contributor

Re: Only filling Edge fields in InPrivate mode - window prompts to "Start Typing"

I am having this issue as well.

barbiea
New Contributor

Re: Only filling Edge fields in InPrivate mode - window prompts to "Start Typing"

I downloaded the latest Edge update for my Windows version and this seemed to help the issues...and has enabled passwordless for me.

Tags (1)
MathemAddicts
Active Contributor

I have the latest version of Edge installed and LastPass (the extension) is not filling anything out.

walen615
New Contributor

The LastPass Comunity login page is also not being filled in: https://accounts.logme.in/login.aspx

• I have reset Edge settings to default, restarted and then only enabled the LastPass extension - still nothing filled in.
  • I have deleted all profiles but one, restarted - still nothing filled in.

LASTPASS SUPPORT - please respond.

walen615
New Contributor

A brute force solution seems to have solved this:

• Open the extensions page in Edge and enable developer mode (button on left)
  • Note the long string for the ID of each Edge extension
  • Delete all Edge profiles
  • Search the registry for each of the extensions IDs and delete all occurrences. Delete any other extensions found listed (where the IDs did not appear in the ID list as show by developer mode.
  • Clear ALL browsing data - everything
  • Reboot and set Edge up from scratch, including adding extensions again

LastPass filling in fields again. Perhaps something less would have done it, but the above solved the problem too.