cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harold2
Active Contributor

Opening My Vault in incognito mode on Chrome stopped working

I have tried to open My Vault in incognito mode but the browser opens a new normal window for My Vault. When pasting the server address into the incognito window I get:

<Server Name> is blocked

Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension.

• Try disabling your extensions.
ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

I have run multiple tests now with disabling all extensions (except LastPass) and still it does not work. My settings are:
lastpass-settings.png

It works in incognito mode on Firefox as seen below:

lastpass-moztest.png

Any help getting this to work in chrome would be much appreciated.

EDIT:
adding Chrome version
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 88.0.4324.104 (Official Build) (64-bit)
5 REPLIES 5
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Opening My Vault in incognito mode on Chrome stopped working

Hello, 

Apologies as I'm not sure what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, could you try uninstalling the LastPass extension from Chrome then reinstalling from here? https://lastpass.com/download

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
harold2
Active Contributor

Hi RachelO,

Yeah I saw this advice on another thread and uninstalled/reinstalled. Just to be clear I followed the link but ultimately it took me to the Chrome extension store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lastpass-free-password-ma/hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd). Is that the correct place to go?

The result was no change in behaviour.  I still can't open My Vault in incognito. 

For more information I use the following Chrome extensions:

LastPass

uBlock Origin

Privacy Badger

Vue Tools

ExpressVPN

I had disabled all but LastPass but still got the same error. I realise that this could be a chrome issue so I could just uninstall Chrome and reinstall, then try LastPass as the only extension an confirm whether the issue is with LastPass or the other extensions or Chrome. Unless there is some issue you are aware of with the above extensions for Chrome interfering with LastPass and have a fix for then I'll probably do this?

Thanks for getting back to me by the way, much appreciated.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, the downloads page points to the newest version of the LastPass extension on the Chrome store so you can download from the Downloads page or directly from the Chrome Extension store.

We would recommend trying uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling, then installing the LastPass extension first on that fresh install and testing if you can log in with only the LastPass extension installed/enabled for Incognito and none others. If you can, then try adding the other extensions after to narrow down which one may be causing the issue.

harold2
Active Contributor

Ok I've uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it and experience the same behaviour. There are no other extensions except for LastPass.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for giving these steps a try. So that our team can gather more details and resolve this issue, could you submit a bug report to our team following these steps outlined here? https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass