cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarryAllen847
New Contributor

Problem with logging in. Each time a unnecessary LastPass-ve

Problem with logging in. Each time a unnecessary LastPass-verification mail where I have to copy the link for the login to succeed.

LastPass Verification Email
Hello,

Someone, hopefully you, recently tried to log in to your LastPass account from a device or location that we couldn't recognize.

We've prevented access until you verify this was you.:

I verify and then next time I login the same things happen and the next time and the next time. I each time unnecessary have to click the link in the e-mail.

Lastpass shows Yellow after correct login saying that Lastpass does not recognize this device or you are on a new location. Check your e-mail to get acces from your new device or location. This happens each time. Each time I have to copy the link in the lastpass e-mail in order to successfully login.

How to fix this.
47 REPLIES 47
jpenny84
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with logging in. Each time a unnecessary LastPas

pommerb864
New Contributor

Same problem here;
Konto xxxxx@gmx.de
Zeit Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM EST
IP-Adresse xxxxxxxx

IP and Email-Adress okay, Time not, i was not at 12:15 PM EST ON. :roll:
jpenny84
Valued Contributor

"pommerb864" wrote:
Same problem here;
Konto xxxxx@gmx.de
Zeit Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM EST
IP-Adresse xxxxxxxx

IP and Email-Adress okay, Time not, i was not at 12:15 PM EST ON. :roll:

See FAQ: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp010154
synergybehavior
New Contributor

I am no longer able to access my account! Password is unrecognized and recovery doesn't work after 10 tries. HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!
Rothie321
New Contributor

I started having the same issue starting yesterday,7/22/20 in the evening.My power was out earlier in the day,so I tried unplugging my router and modem and rebooting my PC several times-no help.Today the same problems.At times I get logged in(whether or not I verify my account thru email),but I get a message bar at the top of my screen saying LP couln't reach their login server and that I am in offline mode with restricted access,or another message when I try to login that LP doesn't recognize this device or that I'm at a new location-none of which is true.I thought it might be a router problem,so I just cabled my modem directly to my PC,but the problem persists. If I am logged into a website when LP goes yellow,I stay logged into the website.It's just LP that fails.I use the Chrome plugin version of LP,Win10 up to date(not on Version 2004 yet),no new hardware or software.
arokace
New Contributor

I don't understand why someone keeps posting that FAQ link for answering these questions. Having the same issue which started recently as well. Changing to two factor doesn't change the fact that we're having issues connecting to the login servers now. I am using a VPN as well and I have been for nearly a year without issue. I've tried looking at extensions I installed recently and even went as far as to remove the very few that I had to see if it would make a difference. No luck.

And just to be clear the FAQ doesn't say to go to a two factor but that specific option it is talking about (to not verify through email) also highly recommends to switch to two factor. Which I'd agree, if you aren't gonna care about location/device then you gotta do two factor for security. Because the issue isn't email verification, that's just a side effect of the actual issue of not being able to connect to the login servers.

Someone please look into this, I'll help if I can. Doesn't sound like this is an isolated incident since I've seen this post and some other ones recently as well. Would prefer to continue to use Last Pass but if this persists I'll just go pay for Dashlane instead.
arokace
New Contributor

I don't understand why someone keeps posting that FAQ link for answering these questions. Having the same issue as everyone else posting here. Currently using a VPN but never had issues with Last Pass and it before. Looked at my recently installed extensions and even went as far as to remove them to make sure that they weren't the issue(they weren't). I only have one last thing to try that I forgot about trying before making this post and that's to reinstall Last Pass extension as well.

To summarize for jpenny84 since you like posting that FAQ link on these posts. That isn't our issue, the email verification is merely a side effect of the fact that we can't connect to the login servers. And following the FAQs suggestion still means verification because disabling email verification means you should enable 2-Factor... So you are still left in the same boat if you do all that.

I've seen a few of these posts now recently. Please someone look into this, I'll help if I can. I'd rather use Last Pass but if this issue persists I'll just go pay for Dashlane instead.
arokace
New Contributor

Sorry for potentially triple posting, didn't realize mods have to approve messages before they are posted.

I did reinstall the extension and right off the bat that seemed to fix the issue. It logged in fine without giving me that "can't connect to login server" stuff. I'll post again tomorrow since I don't feel 100% certain its fixed yet since I just now did it.
keetman
New Contributor

I started getting this same issue from yesterday (July 23) and it continued today so it seems something happened on the LastPass side.