cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pommerb864
New Contributor

Re: Problem with logging in. Each time a unnecessary LastPas

"jpenny84" wrote:

Check your account logs. If the IP addresses for your account activity are changing, then that's why you are getting the verification prompt.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... y-lp010014

My IP adress has not changed, never ! :idea:
Sorry for 3 Posts.
pommerb864
New Contributor

"glennd" wrote:

Verification emails are typically sent when you sign in from a new IP address that we do not recognize. Using a VPN or rebooting your modem are common ways of ending up with a new IP address, in some limited cases your ISP may assign you a new IP each time you reboot your computer.

I checked your mails with the IP, it is always the same IP, nothing has changed, every day same IP. 😉
Modem not rebooting.
gerjo21113
New Contributor

I have been having the exact same problem for the last few days on two different computers and with both Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers. Nothing is different from my previous setups and I have never had this problem before. I believe I have found that the problem is related to my VPN. I use NordVPN which connects my computer to a different network server with a new IP address each time it starts up, so I think that confuses LP. If I try to login with the VPN running, then I get the problem that everyone in this thread has described. Indeed, the ensuing verification emails that I have received from LP show different IP addresses, which must be due to the VPN. However, if I disconnect the VPN, I can log into LP with no problem at all. After LP log-in if I then re-connect the VPN, it seems that I can continue to use LP without a problem (so far).

Other folks may want to see if this might explain what they are encountering.

This is very annoying, but at least I have a work-around by disabling the VPN before logging into LP and then re-enabling the VPN.

What has LP done that suddenly has created this problem? Again, I have never had this problem before while using the same VPN and browsers.
pommerb864
New Contributor

"jc117" wrote:
Reinstalling the extension fixes the issue (thx @arokace)

Unfortunately not for me. 😐
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

"gerjo21113" wrote:
I have been having the exact same problem for the last few days on two different computers and with both Firefox and Microsoft Edge browsers. Nothing is different from my previous setups and I have never had this problem before. I believe I have found that the problem is related to my VPN. I use NordVPN which connects my computer to a different network server with a new IP address each time it starts up, so I think that confuses LP. If I try to login with the VPN running, then I get the problem that everyone in this thread has described. Indeed, the ensuing verification emails that I have received from LP show different IP addresses, which must be due to the VPN. However, if I disconnect the VPN, I can log into LP with no problem at all. After LP log-in if I then re-connect the VPN, it seems that I can continue to use LP without a problem (so far).

Other folks may want to see if this might explain what they are encountering.

This is very annoying, but at least I have a work-around by disabling the VPN before logging into LP and then re-enabling the VPN.

What has LP done that suddenly has created this problem? Again, I have never had this problem before while using the same VPN and browsers.

Hi, nothing has been changed this is exactly what is meant to happen when someone tries to sign in to an account from an unrecognized IP address. Once your verify your identity the IP address is recorded to your account and you will not be asked to verify it again. All of the accounts that I have reviewed so far have had multiple IP address changes in the last 7 - 10 days.

Glenn Dobson | Manager, Community and Social Support
LogMeInInc.com
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
pommerb864
New Contributor

"glennd" wrote:

Once your verify your identity the IP address is recorded to your account and you will not be asked to verify it again. All of the accounts that I have reviewed so far have had multiple IP address changes in the last 7 - 10 days.

LogMeInInc.com

I deny your statement , the e-mails came three days successively , despite the same IP, i checked that ! 8-)
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

"pommerb864" wrote:
"glennd" wrote:

Once your verify your identity the IP address is recorded to your account and you will not be asked to verify it again. All of the accounts that I have reviewed so far have had multiple IP address changes in the last 7 - 10 days.

LogMeInInc.com

I deny your statement , the e-mails came three days successively , despite the same IP, i checked that ! 8-)

I have reviewed your account and it shows 4 different IP addresses in the last 7 days which triggered verification emails to be sent. I will continue to look into these reports.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Gyula
New Contributor

I have the same issue. It is going since the last windows update (a few days before). I use two browsers (FF and Iron), both of them faulty. I have to relogin every hour or so. Iron forgets my email address so I have to retype it. VERY annoying!
a111
New Contributor

I had the same problem in the last days, several times. And just my dad called me, because he was confused of having the same problem. It just occurs on our Windows devices (using Firefox and Opera browsers), not on the iOS or android-app.
So if nobody here in this thread has changed his habits about static or dynamic IP´s and it just occurs on Windows devices: I would think that maybe the point of Gyula is right and its in some way connected to a Windows update. Or maybe Windows changed something that Lastpass will have to react too to fix this bug..? But it definately looks like being a structural new problem, because everyone here is saying that they are using Lastpass since long and now, since one week a lot of people have the same problem, without changing their habits.
gerjo21113
New Contributor

I now also suspect Gyula may be right about the problem possibly being related to a Windows 10 update, although I can't guess why.

Both of my computers show they are running Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362959. The Microsoft support site shows the following release info: July 14, 2020—KB4565483 (OS Builds 18362.959 and 18363.959). It also shows a subsequent release (that for some reason doesn't show up as installed on my computers): July 21, 2020—KB4559004 (OS Builds 18362.997 and 18363.997). This latter release date is coincidental to the time when everyone (including me) started experiencing this problem. As an engineer who is very experienced in troubleshooting problems, I've learned to be very skeptical of coincidences.

I hope this info helps. I truly wish you good luck - I'm sure that you have much smarter people than me who can resolve this.

BTW - I repeat that I have been using LP with the same VPN for a very long time without experiencing this issue. And since my VPN connects to a different IP address (and there are very many) each time it starts, it is unacceptable to have to verify the identity of each IP address. I feel quite comfortable and secure using LastPass and would hate to have to switch to a different app.