cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpenny84
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with logging in. Each time a unnecessary LastPas

"gerjo21113" wrote:
I now also suspect Gyula may be right about the problem possibly being related to a Windows 10 update, although I can't guess why.

Both of my computers show they are running Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362959. The Microsoft support site shows the following release info: July 14, 2020—KB4565483 (OS Builds 18362.959 and 18363.959). It also shows a subsequent release (that for some reason doesn't show up as installed on my computers): July 21, 2020—KB4559004 (OS Builds 18362.997 and 18363.997). This latter release date is coincidental to the time when everyone (including me) started experiencing this problem. As an engineer who is very experienced in troubleshooting problems, I've learned to be very skeptical of coincidences.

I hope this info helps. I truly wish you good luck - I'm sure that you have much smarter people than me who can resolve this.

BTW - I repeat that I have been using LP with the same VPN for a very long time without experiencing this issue. And since my VPN connects to a different IP address (and there are very many) each time it starts, it is unacceptable to have to verify the identity of each IP address. I feel quite comfortable and secure using LastPass and would hate to have to switch to a different app.

It has nothing to do with Windows updates. The IP address changes from your VPN are triggering the email verification messages. See FAQ:

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp010154
gerjo21113
New Contributor

So what has changed? I repeat again that I have not ever had this problem before!! FIGURE IT OUT and FIX IT! Something has changed!!!!!!!
jpenny84
Valued Contributor

"gerjo21113" wrote:
So what has changed? I repeat again that I have not ever had this problem before!! FIGURE IT OUT and FIX IT! Something has changed!!!!!!!

I guess the change is that unknown device or location verification is working as its supposed to now. If you don't like this feature, then there are clear instructions in the help article on how to disable it.
arokace
New Contributor

"egaxiola2000" wrote:
"arokace" wrote:
Sorry for potentially triple posting, didn't realize mods have to approve messages before they are posted.

I did reinstall the extension and right off the bat that seemed to fix the issue. It logged in fine without giving me that "can't connect to login server" stuff. I'll post again tomorrow since I don't feel 100% certain its fixed yet since I just now did it.

Hi arokace, can you confirm no problems with your solution today? I´m having the same problem since 7/20/2020.

Thanks,

So far so good. I suppose there is a chance that my VPN stopped changing IP adresses at the same time but I can change my VPN server without having to re-verify so I don't think it's a "changing IP issue". In fact just to make sure I just tested changing my VPN server to multiple locations within the US and tried accessing my vault each time without any issues (and I made sure my IP was changing each time too just in case it wasn't for some reason, and it did change every time). I didn't check outside of my own country but I did try locations I've never used before. So again jpenny, something did change somewhere, not saying necessarily LastPass but so far that is the common factor between everyone and the fact that I reinstalled it and haven't ran into the issue still.

So if you are gonna provide support, listen to what people are saying. I get that some of these people were probably typing in anger and in turn making you upset too. Calm down, understand the situation, and work to resolve the issue because the FAQ link obviously isn't what we were looking for. And I also stated early in this thread that reinstalling helped me. Maybe suggesting that to people might resolve their issues too, it might not. But the clear truth is that the FAQ isn't solving their issue. And if you don't know how to fix the situation or how to explain it in detail as to why it might be happening, tell them. I realize you did sort of say it eventually but (at least with me) the IP reasoning just isn't true unless there's something else that isn't being said for it to make sense.

P.S. My personal opinion is that there was an update that happened that corrupted some stuff in our extension or didn't like how some settings were set before the update.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

"arokace" wrote:
"egaxiola2000" wrote:
"arokace" wrote:
Sorry for potentially triple posting, didn't realize mods have to approve messages before they are posted.

I did reinstall the extension and right off the bat that seemed to fix the issue. It logged in fine without giving me that "can't connect to login server" stuff. I'll post again tomorrow since I don't feel 100% certain its fixed yet since I just now did it.

Hi arokace, can you confirm no problems with your solution today? I´m having the same problem since 7/20/2020.

Thanks,

So far so good. I suppose there is a chance that my VPN stopped changing IP adresses at the same time but I can change my VPN server without having to re-verify so I don't think it's a "changing IP issue". In fact just to make sure I just tested changing my VPN server to multiple locations within the US and tried accessing my vault each time without any issues (and I made sure my IP was changing each time too just in case it wasn't for some reason, and it did change every time). I didn't check outside of my own country but I did try locations I've never used before. So again jpenny, something did change somewhere, not saying necessarily LastPass but so far that is the common factor between everyone and the fact that I reinstalled it and haven't ran into the issue still.

So if you are gonna provide support, listen to what people are saying. I get that some of these people were probably typing in anger and in turn making you upset too. Calm down, understand the situation, and work to resolve the issue because the FAQ link obviously isn't what we were looking for. And I also stated early in this thread that reinstalling helped me. Maybe suggesting that to people might resolve their issues too, it might not. But the clear truth is that the FAQ isn't solving their issue. And if you don't know how to fix the situation or how to explain it in detail as to why it might be happening, tell them. I realize you did sort of say it eventually but (at least with me) the IP reasoning just isn't true unless there's something else that isn't being said for it to make sense.

P.S. My personal opinion is that there was an update that happened that corrupted some stuff in our extension or didn't like how some settings were set before the update.

Hi,

I have been investigating this issue all week and reviewing accounts, and in every single the customer has had IP address changes. Once you verify an IP address it is recorded to your account, so even if you use a VPN if you are assigned an IP that you verified previously you will not be asked again. There have been no updates to how this security feature works, but I am seeing a lot of customers switching IP address multiple times in a week.

Glenn Dobson | Manager, Community and Social Support
LogMeInInc.com
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BarryAllen847
New Contributor

@arokace reinstall of the extension also fixed the problem for me on my PC and Laptop. Yeaah, Thank you arokace.
asecret900
Active Contributor

AARRRGH!
I have responded to dozens of these 'verification emails' for weeks now and it does not stick.

When my laptop is at work it connects to 2 or 3 different WLANs, therefore WAN uplink IPs. And at home it can connect to my phone, or satellite NBN, or 3G USB dongle for outbound WAN address.

Do you guys get it yet, the feature is a PITA. You obviously have not been storing any of my usual IPs, and I have many, because for weeks now I cannot get online without this rubbish procedure.

We do not want a link to FAQ... or be told this is correct behaviour - we all hate that. Just stop arguing with annoyed customers and please fix this 'recent' problem.
asecret900
Active Contributor

FFS more of this **bleep** happening lately, they still cannot get this right.

I cant believe this exact same crap is still happening over a year later!