cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cark
Active Contributor

Problem with logging in to LastPass then being logged out a few seconds later

Hi, I recently migrated from a LastPass free account to a LastPass premium account. I can access LastPass as usual over my mobile phone. On my laptop two-factor authentication works successfully, leading me to a display of the normal landing page of my account for about one second, then the LastPass login prompt is displayed again. There is no error message. If I login again the same behaviour occurs and again and again.  This is more than inconvenient, because now I am not able to manage my accounts. I thought that a premium account might offer a bit better support.

8 REPLIES 8
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: multi-device not working for LastPass premium account

Hi @Cark,

Could you try clearing your browser's cache, restarting your browser, then logging in to LastPass again to see if you can then stay logged in? When you try logging in to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 after these steps, do you stay logged in or are you logged back out again as well? 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Cark
Active Contributor

Re: multi-device not working for LastPass premium account

Hi @RachelO 

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried this but the behaviour is the same.  Also, I notice that on the top right of the same page prompting me to log in again,  there is user icon with my user name (email address) and "Families" written below it. This has a drop down menu consisting only of "Log Out". I selected "Log Out".  A log out was executed. I then tried to log in again using https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 but got the same behaviour.

I also turned off automatic prompting to save passwords from my browser, Chrome. Same behaviour.

I would be extremely grateful for more help because I need to manage my account.

Sincerely ...

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Problem with logging in to LastPass then being logged out a few seconds later

Thanks for giving that a try. We've done a refresh on your account, could you try restarting your browser and logging back in to LastPass again at https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 to see if you can log in?

Lampei
New Contributor

Re: Problem with logging in to LastPass then being logged out a few seconds later

Hi @RachelO 

This is exactly what I see with my account via the web login.  Families in the corner, then being pushed back to the login page (after login).

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello again, thanks for giving that a try. Does this also happen in other browsers (such as in Edge or Firefox) when trying to sign in to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 or is this only happening in Chrome?

Cark
Active Contributor

Hi Rachel0,

Many, many thanks for your help. 

I cleared the Chrome cache and rebooted the laptop. That did not work, i.e., same behaviour: a quick view of my landing page then the prompt to log in and, at the top right, my user icon with the option to log out.

I tried with Edge. That works! What a relief.

I can work with that solution but I would prefer to use Chrome because that's where all my work is set up (bookmarks etc.). It would be great if the good folks responsible could fix that problem.

Again, thank you!

Cark

Lampei
New Contributor

Also tried logging in with Chrome again and got the same as Cark.

I then tried in Safari and was successfully able to login.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello everyone,

Our developers are hoping to release an update in the next few days that should hopefully fix this issue, I will update this thread once that update is released to see if you can then log in once again in Chrome.