cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M4RTYN
Contributor

Questions about LastPass Support & LastPass Mac app TouchID

I have a few questions about LastPass.

I notice that the LastPass support has a slow response time. I often don't get a response until a week later.
How is it possible that as a Premium user you have to wait a long time for a response? Is LastPass short of employees in this department?

And then I also have a completely different question.
I cannot use Touch ID on my Mac in the latest LastPass app. Is it true that Touch ID is not present in the latest LastPass app for Mac?

7 REPLIES 7
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: A few questions

Hi @M4RTYN,

Generally our support team tries to respond to support requests within 24 hours, although this can fluctuate if there are a higher than normal volume of incoming requests (which the support team does have currently) or if your issue needs to be investigated further by our team this could take some time before getting an update from the team as well. 

If you have set up and enabled Touch ID for your macOS, you should be able to use Touch ID to unlock your LastPass Mac App and access your Vault. Here's our guide on how to set up and use TouchID for the LastPass Mac app: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-set-up-and-use-touch-id-for-the-lastpass-mac-a...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
M4RTYN
Contributor

Hi @RachelO,

I can't find this option in the current LastPass app. 
There is a window called "Preferences", but it looks different. I would have liked to include a screenshot of this but that is not possible because of the size.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Just to be sure, are you viewing the Preferences window of the LastPass for Safari app extension, which does not support the Unlock with Touch ID feature?

To access the LastPass Mac App Preferences, open the "LastPass Password Manager" app on your Mac in the Applications folder, then go to LastPass > Preferences again at the top left of the screen in the top menu bar.

M4RTYN
Contributor

@RachelO I think so because it is the same window as in the extension.

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-05 om 19.56.46.png

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for giving that a try. If you've already got TouchID enabled on the OSX settings and have tried the steps in the article above and still aren't able to enable TouchID for the LastPass mac app, please submit a bug report to our team following the steps here so that they can gather more specific details and hopefully fix this issue: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass

M4RTYN
Contributor

To make sure we are talking about the same app.

I use the LastPass Mac app from the LastPass website.

We're talking about this app that should support Touch ID, right?

Screenshot_20210411-201605_Chrome.jpg

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, this is the correct LastPass mac app. If you've already got TouchID enabled on the OSX settings and have tried the steps in the previously linked article and still aren't able to enable TouchID for the LastPass mac app, please submit a bug report to our team following the steps here so that they can gather more specific details and hopefully fix this issue: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass