cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vasanthsjc
New Contributor

Re-verify your trusted devices - Every Day

In the recent time I switched to Firefox and every day I login to LastPass, login is blocked and asks to re-verify their trusted devices. So I have to check my email to re-verify. I understand that it is done for the security of the user but frequency of this routine is like over doing. Is there any solution to avoid this?

I am using Firefox 91.0.1 (64-bit) with no vpn.

5 REPLIES 5
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Re-verify your trusted devices - Every Day

Hi @vasanthsjc,

We have noticed that this can happen if your browser is set to erase all cookies/history/cache often or on browser close. Some other applications, such as anti-virus software/security suites or other browser extensions, may also remove cookies from your web browser. Please configure your browser settings to allow third-party cookies, add https://lastpass.com as an exception, and allowlist LastPass wherever applicable. Please also be sure that in your browser settings the setting "Clear cookies and site data when you quit" is not turned on.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
traceaxil
New Contributor

Same problem and it is annoying!  It's also somewhat new-ish.  Here is a process that just now occurred but this happens nearly every day: 

• I open a new browser (I use several during the day) - lastpass extension already installed
  • Lastpass does not have an active session so I have to log in.   
  • I provide my user and pass to log in
  • LP response is that I have to check my email
  • I check my email, click the verify link 
  • Now LP is asking me to log in again -- even though I just logged in AND verified the attempt via email
  • I log in (again)
  • Now LP asks me to use the authenticator to verify the attempt
  • OMG ! I need to resolve this or find a better pw manager (after using LP for 6 years)

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @traceaxil,

Could you check your browser settings, as described above, to see if your browser is set to block/clear all cookies/cache often? We've noticed this can cause the issue you're having with being logged out and needing to re-verify or and login often.

traceaxil
New Contributor

That is not the case. As stated above, I use several browsers throughout the day, depending on the role.  Only one of which clears cookies at close (Opera).

The same process occurs across most/all browsers which store cookies.

Here is a process, documented with screenshots, using firefox, which accepts and stores cookies.

1. trying to log into google analytics (no active session with LP)

traceaxil_0-1629918328736.png

2.  So I log in manually to LP

traceaxil_1-1629918448158.png

3. after manual login LP sends me to my email to verify, which I did. Now my login attempt is verified.... 

traceaxil_2-1629918476291.png

4.  At which point of just having logged on AND verified, LP again asks for me to log in

traceaxil_3-1629918531853.png

5. And upon login #2, I now have to authenticate with 2FA

traceaxil_4-1629918572151.png

6. After all that, I'm finally logged into my target site.

And here is a screenshot of my cookie handling for this (firefox) browser.

traceaxil_5-1629918638865.png

And here is the tracking policy

traceaxil_6-1629918778226.png

This seems to have been a problem the started about when LP changed policy and forced users to upgrade to Premium to use LP across different device types.

It is a technical routing/authentication problem on LP's end.

It does not seem to be related to any setting on my browser since this happens across all browsers with varying levels of cookie handling.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @traceaxil,

I see from your LastPass account that your IP address is changing often, when logging in to LastPass from a new IP address or location you do need to verify your login via email. Since you have MFA enabled, you could choose to disable the verification emails if you'd Prefer in your LastPass Vault > Account Settings > Show Advanced Settings and would only need to verify your logins with your chosen MFA method.