cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lolpaxify
New Contributor

Recover Previous Vault

Hello Team,

I know this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I hope I can recover my previous vault. I had to reset my account because I forgot my master password and I didn't trust Account Recovery options because it uses Touch ID (my device is iOS). Now it won't let me import my long-ago exported dashlane backup because the mobile app doesn't have that feature, and honestly, I don't want to avail the free premiums just to extend the device switching thingie.

I truly, truly hope there's a way to recover my previous vault because I've added lots of credentials since I migrated from dashlane, and I really felt punished by losing my progress just because I didn't trust Account Recovery using my Touch ID.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Recover Previous Vault

Hi @lolpaxify,

Unfortunately once you've reset an account, this action is irreversible and your previous Vault contents cannot be restored/reverted. You could try logging in to LastPass in a browser on a desktop and dismissing the device type switch notification and trying to Import following the steps here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/import-passwords-from-other-sources-lp040003

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
lolpaxify
New Contributor

Hi @RachelO,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't think I can't import without ignoring the device switch. because the option is greyed out and I can only choose the Export button.

If there's anything I can do on my end, please let me know.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @lolpaxify,

I've asked our team to add an additional device type switch to your account, could you try switching your active device type to Desktop, importing, then switching to your preferred active device type after the import is complete?

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!