cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenshin1
New Contributor

Recovery failed, browser extension not installed

Im trying to recover/reset my password, but when I use the Recover Account feature, LastPass sends me a Verification code to my phone, and when i enter it and hit recover account, i get an error: Recovery failed, last pass browser extension hasnt been installed. I have the extension in both my Brave and Firefox browsers, i then added LastPass to the Edge browser, and tried recovery with Edge.. get the same error response... Recovery failed, last pass browser extension hasnt been installed. How else can I recover my account since LastPass cant detect that the extension is installed in any browser ?
1 REPLY 1
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Recovery failed, browser extension not installed

Hi @Kenshin1 

The message you are seeing is because your browser does not have a Recovery One-time Password stored in it. These recovery OTPs are created when you sign into your account through the browser extension and are stored in the browser. If you clear the browser history/cache they are deleted until you sign in again.  

There are other recovery options that you can use if you have set them up already, here is a list of all the recovery options you can enable.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!