cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZL
New Contributor

Rescan QR code with LastPass Authenticator

I had to reset my account due to a forgotten master password. Since everything should gone then in the vault I als deleted the entry I had activated from the LastPass Authenticator App.

After reactivating the account I'm now stuck to re-scan the QR code because I just can't find it in the settings.

A did stumble upon this article already: https://community.logmein.com/t5/LastPass-Support-Discussions/Can-t-find-QR-code/m-p/258318/thread-i...

But since I'm using a company account which enforces 2FA I can't deactivate it to start the process all over again. I can use the account/vault by using a SMS-based code, but I simply can't believe there is no way to just re-scan your QR code again. What if the phone gets lost without the cloud backup? You are pretty much locked out of your account then.

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Rescan QR code with LastPass Authenticator

Hi @ZL 

Please review this support article: I lost my phone! How do I disable multifactor authentication for LastPass?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ZL
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD ,

I actually read the article you mentioned before. Unfortunately I don't get the option mentioned in the article ("I have lost my....."). It it simply not shown. I guess that is also because of the company account that prevents me from disabling 2FA. Or ist is because I still have SMS as backup here.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@ZL  In that case you will need to contact the Admin of your Business account and they can disable it for you.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!