cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randolphs
Active Contributor

Reverting back to previous version of LP

Well, after reading a lot of comments on here regarding the newest update, it would appear that a lot of folks aren't too thrilled with it.

If you truly have your customers best interest at heart you would provide a means to revert back to the previous version that worked great, this latest update is totally useless.

If you cannot provide a way to revert back to the previous version please inform us of that so that we may move to another password manager that we can actually use.

Thank you.....
9 REPLIES 9
FlyingHawk
Active Contributor

Re: Reverting back to previous version of LP

I'm pretty sure they won't provide a way to revert.
jpenny84
Respected Contributor

The revised vault format is how LastPass wants to proceed with the product. I'm sure that they will make usability improvements in response to feedback.
randolphs
Active Contributor

Well then, good luck to the fine folks at Lastpass. I have enjoyed their services for a long time.

Some times you just have to move on. Nothing lasts forever.

Thanks lastpass.........
randolphs
Active Contributor

Looks like they're providing some customers a way to revert back to the previous version......
cbrillow
Active Contributor

I think an appropriate question would be: How long can we continue to stave-off the 'upgrade' and use the version that we have become accustomed to before they stuff the upgrade down our CPUs and make us choke on it?

So glad that I didn't accept the new version when it was first offered. Feeling like I'm living on borrowed time...
Deejer87
New Contributor

Anyone getting anywhere with this? The new Chrome extention is broken and completely useless! 

MikeGranby
Active Contributor

It's not just the change in UI philosophy, though: They've basically broken the product with the last release. Core functionality doesn't work anymore. It's meant to be a password manager, which means filling in forms with passwords. But now it either doesn't fill them in, or it fills in things it shouldn't. Awful. So disappointed after using this product for so long. Doesn't anyone test this stuff???

msmith16
Active Contributor

Did you notice the date on the previous comment? It was almlost 4 years ago. And they're still doing it to their users - AGAIN.

NF1
New Contributor

On Firefox you can roll back to 4.106, the latest functional version, at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/versions/

On Chrome apparently you have to download the crx file from some unofficial repository, which is a very high security risk and it should be avoided.