cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brownsage
New Contributor

SMS code and call not working

this is the second time I have run into an issue with two factor authentication and it presented itself the same way. I try to login on a new device (I no longer can get the old device to boot) and I put my SIM card in and can confirm that I receive text/calls from other numbers. However, when I try to get an SMS code or a call to my phone, I never get a call or SMS. I would love to confirm the phone number that is being used, even if it is just the last (4) digits but I cannot seem to find a way to do that without getting into the vault.

68 REPLIES 68
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hello @AVAR 

I'm sorry about the recent SMS failures. 

If you're still experiencing difficulty, we can help investigate further.  Please click my Community name to send a private message with your phone number, location, LastPass email address, and telecom provider. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AshC
GoTo Moderator

@adnan90  Thanks for confirming the temporary fix. 

If you're still experiencing difficulty with SMS messaging, we can help investigate further.  Please click my Community name to send a private message with your phone number, location, LastPass email address, and telecom provider.  

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hi @cricket1001  

We'd like to investigate the SMS reception problem. 

If you're still experiencing difficulty with SMS messaging, we can help investigate further.  Please click my Community name to send a private message with your phone number, location, LastPass email address, and telecom provider. 

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@PawelJ  If you're still experiencing difficulty with SMS messaging, we can help investigate further.  Please click my Community name to send a private message with your phone number, location, LastPass email address, and telecom provider. 

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hi @TomHok 

Welcome to the LastPass Community. 

Sebastian_m_a
New Contributor

Thank you Ash,

Yes, in the meantime I was able to contact customer support and to disable to SMS 2FA.

Sebastian
AshC
GoTo Moderator

@softfree55  It should have been disabled by now, but let me know if you're still having login trouble. 

softfree55
New Contributor

@AshC ,

Thanks dear, the problem has been resolved and i have successfully recovered my lastpass account.

I am thankful for the support from your team.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hi, @TomHok 

I apologize for the difficulty with SMS, we are looking further into these reports. 

Please click my Community name to send a private message with your LastPass email, phone number, location, and telecom provider. 

Thanks. 

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@Shahidullislam  Please click my Community name to send a private message with your LastPass email, phone number, location, and telecom provider.