cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tangles1
New Contributor

Re: Generate Secure Password Broken

Came here to add a #metoo to this. Using Windows 10 with Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit)

Co-worker on Chrome having the same issue.

LastPass version 4.36.0.1 (Last Updated November 1, 2019)
Interestingly, if you look at the downloads available for Windows on lastpass.com they show Version 4.35.0 as the latest available for Firefox
james08angel
New Contributor

Having same issue on mac with chrome. Doesn not generate pw and I'm premium user.
meerkittie
New Contributor

Adding to the chorus of #metoo.

The Generate Password function has been wonky for the past few days. Won't auto generate a password, and when forced to do so (using multiple refresh or manual keying in) it won't maintain the History log.

Running Windows 10, Chrome 78
piscator1591492
New Contributor

Re: Secure Password Generator not working

I've had a message from LP to say that their team is aware of, and working on, this problem.
rekoil
New Contributor

Is there a workaround for this? Extremely irritating. And no response from LastPass for a week, guys seriously?

EDIT: I didn't read the thread entirely, I assumed everyone was having issues with using the extension in some new version of Chrome, and went to generate my password in Firefox instead, but lo and behold, it crashes with the same error there as well, indicating that this is actually due to an update you guys have pushed out. WTF LastPass!? Fix this now!
nekdolan68
New Contributor

In Firefox Linux copy passsword does not work anymore

After updating to Ubuntu (PopOS) 19.10 from 19.04 copy password no longer puts password on clipboard.
Instead the last item in the clipboard is kept.
Firefox 70.0.1
computer: thinkpad t480s
I tried restarting firefox. It didn't help.
smikwily
New Contributor

As someone else mentioned, I uninstalled and reinstalled the browser plug-in. Password generators are all working fine for now. I'll wait and see if it blows up again.
dragon788
New Contributor

Having this same issue, and it is extremely frustrating and makes it much easier to just use another password manager (like the built in Chrome one) because it successfully generates and fills and saves it for me. Oddly if I go from the extension menu and generate a password it lets me change the length with the slider, but as soon as I try to manually set a desired length it fails. If I use the Alt+G shortcut to generate it doesn't even let me do that, it just keeps the original password that was generated and never updates even if I click the refresh button repeatedly.
Byonderjoe
New Contributor

Same problem here - Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 on Windows 10.
Byonderjoe
New Contributor

"Byonderjoe" wrote:
Same problem here - Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 on Windows 10.

Re-installing the Chrome LastPass extension did not resolve this issue 😞