cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkpullen
New Contributor

Sharing passwords with VA in LastPass - not working

I have tried "six different ways to Sunday" to share my passwords with my VA via LastPass. I'm following the videos/instructions (it was VERY EASY), my VA accepted the invitations, and we did everything I thought was right but she's still not able to access any of the sites I've shared (Canva, Zoom, YouTube, Vimeo, etc). I'm using the LastPass Trial membership to see if we are going to buy. I love the layout and simplicity of use for myself, but if I can't share access to sites with my VA, it's useless for me. Anything I could be missing??

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Sharing passwords with VA in LastPass - not working

@kkpullen What exactly happens when your VA tries to accept them? Do they see an error message or anything? It is difficult to identify what might be happening without more details about what the VA is seeing.

The most common issue with sharing is the other person has not installed the LastPass browser extension and signed into their LastPass account through it. Everyone needs to complete that step first in order to generate sharing keys on their account so they can send and accept shares. Using the mobile app is not enough, make sure your VA is using one of our browser extensions.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AlixK
New Contributor

How does that work for free accounts then that are limited to one device if the person has chosen to use  LastPass on their mobile device as opposed to a computer?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@AlixK Free plan customers that select Mobile as their device type can still sign into their account through the web browser extensions, they just cannot access their vault in the extension. So they can still sign in so that sharing keys are generated.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!