cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhuzzyDay
New Contributor

Some sites do NOT like 'Enter' key being sent after typing password, require a button click.....

So there is a website I use where after you type your password, if you hit enter, it just goes back to the main page without logging you in.  To get in, you have to hit a login buttton after typing your password.

Now LastPass does seem to behave in a way that detects this.  If it sends 'Enter' after a password, and you use the same password again right away during a second login attempt, LastPass does NOT send the 'enter' key, allowing you to press the login button.  That's pretty smart, but if it is a site you use a lot, having to do it twice starts to grate on ones nerves.

I guess this might be more than a feature suggestion now that I think of it..  but I'll see what happens in here.  When LastPass does detect this situation, would it be possible for it to remember the proper action for this site??  Perhaps rechecking every couple months to see if it changes if needed..  or something??

Or is this a support question?  In which case, how do I fix this?

I can only imagine the challenge the developers have with detecting the right actions for different websites and everything!  It's really amazing.

1 REPLY 1
RachelO
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Some sites do NOT like 'Enter' key being sent after typing password, require a button click.....

Hello,

Some sites do require a button click instead of hitting enter in order to log in as a security measure, and LastPass continues to work to improve our accuracy on common types of login forms, if you run into any obstacles you could try the “Save All Entered Data” feature. This feature force-saves any fields filled in on a login page, giving LastPass better accuracy next time you are logging in to the site.

Could you try deleting the entry in your Vault for one of those sites, and then re-adding it following these steps:

1. Login to your LastPass account via the browser addon.
  2. Go to the website whose login you need to force-save with “Save All Entered Data”.
  3. On the login page, fill in your credentials (username, email address, password, etc) but do not press login.
  4. Click the LastPass Icon and select the “Save All Entered Data” option at the bottom of the menu.
  5. Confirm the information in the save site dialog.
  6. Once saved, when you return to the login page LastPass should fill the data for you. You can also “force-fill” the login from the LastPass notification bar, or from the LastPass icon by selecting the site name at the bottom of the menu and then clicking “autofill”.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!