cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jftanner
Active Contributor

Specific domain is broken

Hello,

Several weeks ago, LastPass suddenly stopped recognizing `ibm.com` subdomains as equivalent. Nor does it respect the equivalent domains setting that had previously been working for years. The Chrome plugin will provide credentials when I'm on `sso.ibm.com` (because that's the URL set for the credential), but not for any other subdomains. (Ex: w3.ibm.com) I've been stuck manually searching for the credential every time I log into any page that isn't SSO.

While debugging, I tried editing my equivalent domains setting to see if that was causing problems. But doing so gives the error: "'ibm.com' is not a valid domain"

I suspect that there was a bug introduced into LastPass which is breaking that particular domain (maybe because it's so short? Who knows.) Given that, I tried opening a support ticket but it's been ignored for over a week. :'(

Any help on this would be extremely appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jftanner
Active Contributor

Re: Specific domain is broken

For anyone finding this later: it looks like Lastpass silently decided to treat `ibm.com` as a top-level domain (like `com`). So, now, you have to set up each, individual subdomain as an equivalent domain.

Ignore the part in the tool where it says "Only enter domains, not sub-domains." Apparently that doesn't apply to `ibm.com` anymore.

I'm using this equivalent domain setting for now, and it fixed my problems: (You may need to add more if you log into things at other subdomains.)

sso.ibm.com, w3.ibm.com, rchland.ibm.com, swg-devops.com

I can't say I'm thrilled about this. (Especially since they broke things and then ignored a support ticket for two weeks.) But, hey, at least I found a workaround.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jftanner
Active Contributor

I should clarify that I've already checked the "never URLs" configuration, and there's nothing related there.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @jftanner,

When editing or adding Equivalent Domains, specific syntax is required. You must enter "=" directly before the subdomain, then enter a space after the domain, then enter a comma, then enter another space (e.g., =services.logmein.com , login.lastpass.com.) Top-level domains (TLDs) are not accepted and will be considered as invalid (e.g., *.com) which is why adding "ibm.com" may have given you an error.  For more information and specific steps please see this support article: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/duplicate-stored-passwords-across-multiple-sites-lp0400...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
cancer
New Contributor

=ibm.com is not a valid domain.   This doesn't solve anything.

jpenny84
Respected Contributor

The extension matches by second level domain by default. Why not just remove the equivalent domain rules that you're trying to set for subdomains and give that a try? 

jftanner
Active Contributor

Thanks for answering, @RachelO. Unfortunately, that doesn't help.

While there are other domains that I'll need to get working at some point, the real issue is that subdomains aren't recognized. `sso.ibm.com` and `w3.ibm.com` should use the same credentials. And, until recently, they did.

Do I suddenly need to define every single subdomain as an equivalent domain now?

Edit: Actually, I suppose it did help. Turns out, that's exactly what I need to do.

jftanner
Active Contributor

Nevermind

jftanner
Active Contributor

For anyone finding this later: it looks like Lastpass silently decided to treat `ibm.com` as a top-level domain (like `com`). So, now, you have to set up each, individual subdomain as an equivalent domain.

Ignore the part in the tool where it says "Only enter domains, not sub-domains." Apparently that doesn't apply to `ibm.com` anymore.

I'm using this equivalent domain setting for now, and it fixed my problems: (You may need to add more if you log into things at other subdomains.)

sso.ibm.com, w3.ibm.com, rchland.ibm.com, swg-devops.com

I can't say I'm thrilled about this. (Especially since they broke things and then ignored a support ticket for two weeks.) But, hey, at least I found a workaround.

View solution in original post

RadekB
New Contributor

Hey, another IBMer here. I'm having the same problems since May as well. Opened 2 tickets to support, but there is actually no support at all, just some automated emails "don't worry, we are working on it". Problem still not solved, nobody even contacted me, possibly requesting more details.

The equivalent domains and subdomains feature is the only factor I subscribed to LastPass and not some rival. Unfortunately, I'm paying for not getting neither the feature nor the support. Very disappointing.

Anyway, thanks @jftanner for documenting your workaround!

Cheers