cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenY
New Contributor

The LastPass browser extension hasn't been installed.

I forgot my MP. Tried account recovery on my iPhone via face verification, receive error that LP can't process now. 

Tried account recovery in Chrome. Receive error message "The LastPass browser extension hadn't been installed." However, I do have the LP Chrome extension and this is the same computer/browser I used to set up LP. Tried downloading in IE as well and also not successful as account recovery info not saved (I did not previously use IE for LastPass). 

Please advise how I may gain access to my account and/or how I may install the browser extension in Chrome (I read that this is a known error via a previous post. However, post was from earlier this year and I assume now fixed).

@GlennD Please help:)

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: The LastPass browser extension hasn't been installed.

Hi @KarenY 

Please click on my profile and private message me the email address for your account so I can review it.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
wjt5121
New Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue. Using the same Mac, with Firefox I used to setup the account. Attempted similar troubleshooting steps as @KarenY.
I will pm you my email address to @GlennD, perhaps you will be able to assist me as well.
Thanks!
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

@wjt5121 If you are trying account recovery and one of the messages you see talks about the browser extension not being installed, it means that there are no recovery one-time passwords stored in your browser for the recovery process to use.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!