cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AHoon
New Contributor

Unable to Change Device Type

I was forced to change my device type from mobile to desktop so that I could logout of a free account and login to my work-provided premium account. The Firefox app prevented me from changing the active email without logging in first.

Now that I have switched to Desktop I cannot switch my personal account back to mobile from the mobile Android app as suggested in the help documentation. I can see under account settings I have 2 switches left but there is no option to change only to "Learn More."

This whole workflow is extremely frustrating. First being forced to login and now being prevented from changing back.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unable to Change Device Type

Hello @AHoon,

When logging in to the LastPass app on Android, do you see a notice pop up asking if you want to switch your Active Device Type to mobile? You should see this prompt when logging in to LastPass on your non-active device type (https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-switch-my-active-device-type)

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @AHoon,

When logging in to the LastPass app on Android, do you see a notice pop up asking if you want to switch your Active Device Type to mobile? You should see this prompt when logging in to LastPass on your non-active device type (https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-switch-my-active-device-type)

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

AHoon
New Contributor

I saw no such message. When opening the app I am prompted to either LOGOUT or CONFIRM my password. Each time I confirmed my password I was not prompted about the device switch.

That said, your reply prompted me to click LOGOUT and on logging back in I WAS prompted about the switch and successfully changed my active device type to mobile. Thank you for that.

Either the switching documentation, app/extension workflow, or both would ideally be updated to reflect the appropriate steps needed to switch devices.