cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombrady
New Contributor

Unable to Export passwords on desktop when mobile devices is active device type

After choosing mobile device as primary option (0 changes left), I am unable to export passwords.

This is because:

1) You cannot export from mobile app

2) Once you select mobile app, the desktop version & extension greys out the "Advanced Options" where "Export" is listed. Export itself is clickable/greyed out, however it says I have 0 switches left and to subscribe.

So I have to pay for a year subscription to export my passwords? That is my only option?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Unable to Export passwords

Hi,

We are aware of this issue and will be releasing an update very soon to correct this.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
26 REPLIES 26
dumbusersystem
Active Contributor

Hey tombrady, 

It is indeed the case. I did manage to access the browser app option to export. But, the exported CSV file is 0 bytes and contains headers only.

This is the situation right now:

• Cannot export data from the mobile app (no option)
  • Cannot export data from the desktop app (no more activations)
  • Cannot export data from the browser extension (no more activations)
  • Cannot export data from your account on the LastPass website (no more activations)

I have hunted online, through LastPass articles and other guides, for ways to access our LastPass data, all to no avail. 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

We are aware of this issue and will be releasing an update very soon to correct this.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
dumbusersystem
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

This is fantastic news! Thank you for the very prompt reply and re-assurance.

I would mark your answer as the Accepted solution, though not sure how?

(Edited post to keep it concise for others that may come across this.)

Many thanks,

rodcord
New Contributor

This is Amazing! 

I’m eager to get this feature!

Better than this just if the new device restriction was only valid for new users. 😉 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
ihatecapitalism
New Contributor

Can't Export Vault data when Mobile Devices set as active device type

Hi, I was trying to leave lastpass because I am low income and cannot afford $27 to upgrade to premium. Maybe if you allowed users to pay monthly ($3 bucks I can manage) but $27 annually is just too hard for me to justify right now. If I do, I'm forfeiting money set aside for a dental copay I had planned. I don't make a lot of money and like many Americans, I have two jobs and work 6 days per week, 9 hours per day. In this greedy country where only the corporate CEOs and bankers get bailouts and tax breaks, myself and my wife are stuck in minimum wage jobs, myself with no benefits nor retirement plan (luckily my wife somehow managed to find a job with benefits) and a car payment & car costs (insurance, gas, registration) that totals $1,100 per month. We've fallen behind in rent by $4,000 and it just seems harder and harder to even get a REAL career where benefits and a livable wage are a thing. I apologize for going on quite the tangent here. Forgive me but online forum communities are kind of my therapy :).

So what do I have to do in order to export all of my data to a .csv file? I've used up all of my "switch to desktop/mobile" options (by the way, NEVER switch to mobile! It's useless and you can't do anything worth while!). The link "export data" is grayed out when I try to click under advanced settings. Do I literally have only one choice: to pay the stupid $27 bucks for a whole year of a service I DO NOT WANT, just to export my data and bounce?? Somebody please help. I'm really saddened by the direction LP has decided to go in. After six years of being somewhat satisfied with lastpass, I can no longer use your application due to financial hardship. It's just impossible until I can find a job that doesn't screw over college graduates like myself. Sorry and thanks in advanced for your assistance and thanks to those who read my story.

-Lastpass user of six years

RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Cannot export my data. Trying to leave lastpass

Hello, sorry for any frustration. Our development team is currently working to fix an issue causing Free users to not be able to export from a browser if they have Mobile Devices set as their active device type. In the meantime while our team works to fix this issue ASAP, we can reset your switches so that you can switch to Desktop, export, then switch back to Mobile as your active device type. So that we can reset your switches, could you send me a private message with the email address associated with your LastPass account? To send me a private message, please click my username to view my profile, then click the blue "Send a Message" button in the upper right.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
dumbusersystem
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to Export passwords on desktop when mobile devices is active device type

Since this issue hasn't actually been rectified, the solution is:

1. Sign up for the free trial of Families LastPass.

2. Log into your account on the website or browser extension.

3. Go to Advanced Options > Export > Export CSV.

This is a simple solution that could have been posted as an answer originally.

namgiaonline
New Contributor

export lastpass data from mobile phone after switching 3 times for free version

Dear Support team, i already switched my lastpass to mobile without knowing its already 3 times. Now i want to export all data in csv file. But it does'n work on iphone, and on desktop browser i can not login anymore.

Can you please help me set my lastpass back to desktop once?  After exporting csv data , i can change back to mobile phone ?

please support me,!

Thanks in advance

Nam

MHSwizzleStick
Active Contributor

Re: export lastpass data from mobile phone after switching 3 times for free version

While waiting for a response from the Support Team, see if the information in this thread can help:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/LastPass-Support-Discussions/Unable-to-Export-passwords-on-desktop-...