cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
otterit
New Contributor

Unable to login Last Pass OS X - Macbook Pro M1.

Running Big Sur 11.6

I get to the login screen and it hangs. Won't prompt for TFA. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 3.53.33 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unable to login Last Pass OS X - Macbook Pro M1.

Hi @otterit,

Could you try uninstalling the LastPass mac app by quitting and dragging the app from your Applications folder to the Trash and emptying the Trash, restarting your computer, then reinstalling from here to see if you can then click & drag the quick search window to where you'd like it to be? https://lastpass.com/download/

For specific steps showing how to reinstall the LastPass mac app and included safari extension correctly please see here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-use-the-lastpass-safari-app-extension-on-my-ma...

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
otterit
New Contributor

App uninstalled. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.23.56 PM.png

Restart MacBook Pro (M1)

App re-installed

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.24.55 PM.png

App launched. App gets stuck at login screen. It doesn't appear to be attempting to authenticate via the Mac app. (Browser login works fine.)

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.25.49 PM.png

Safari extension enabled, but also doesn't work. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.28.19 PM.png

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for giving that a try, we've done a refresh on your account, could you try fully quitting the Mac app and then trying to log in again? We see that you have MFA enabled for your account, so you will most likely need to authenticate using your Authenticator app as well when logging in.

otterit
New Contributor

First, you did a refresh on what account? The one based on the email address I use for the message boards? If so, that's not the account I use. I use my @gmail.com account for Lastpass. 

I've tested my login for LastPass in the browser with my @gmail.com account. It still works fine.

I attempted to login via the OS X App and it still doesn't work. Same problem. Login hangs after hitting enter for username/password. 

I disabled MFA and tried again on the MacBook (M1). No change. Cannot login via OS X app. 

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

So that we can investigate furtherand so that you don't post any private account information publicly, could you send me a private message with your LastPass account email address? To send me a private message, please click my username to view my profile, then click the blue "Send a Message" button in the upper right.

otterit
New Contributor

Done