cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revbong
New Contributor

Unable to use return key when editing

I am having difficulty adding notes to site entries: I can type in the Note field but I cannot use the return key to start a new line as that instantly closes and saves the note (to a different folder). I am using Firefox. This is proving a bit of a deal-breaker for me as a new user. Any help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
LastPass Contributor

Re: Multiple lines in note field no longer works

Hi all,

We are aware of this issue, and are currently investigating the fix. We will post an update in this thread once we have news to share. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
DaPi
New Contributor

Re: Unable to use return key when editing

Have you tried shift-Return ?
lostindustrial
Active Contributor

I have started noticing the same thing happening to me today. This is a new "bug". I've used last pass for years and this has never happened to me before. I'm using Chrome. And yes I've shift + enter, alt + enter, etc. Nothing works. The minute you press enter the entry saves and goes away.

AshC
LastPass Contributor

@lostindustrial  Can you try clearing the LastPass cache, then test the notes entry again?  

https://support.lastpass.com/help/how-do-i-clear-the-local-cache-for-my-vault-lp010126 

Does the same thing happen in alternate web browsers? 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lostindustrial
Active Contributor

Cleared Cache. Didn't fix it. I did open an official case today and was told this was a known issue that they are working on. Evidently they did a release today and it broke a buncha stuff 😕 The guy said that the fix might take weeks to be implemented.

jo_p
Active Contributor

I'm having this issue too. Feel your pain.

FragrantJelly
New Contributor

Multiple lines in note field no longer works

I can no longer enter a newline in the note field - this used to work fine but now when I hit enter, the note just saves and closes. Tried on a mac and a chromebook - same behavior. Very annoying - anyone else seeing this?

zwijgers379
Active Contributor

Same problem, very annoying. 

GBD1
Active Contributor

I started having the same issue a couple days ago. I'm use Chrome but tried on Safari too...same result. 

GBD1
Active Contributor

Copy paste still works for me.  I use the iOS notes app and then paste the result. ???It takes seconds to break it and several weeks to fix it??? 

**sigh***