cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tc-760
New Contributor

Re: Password notes cannot be changed

5/17 and the bull**bleep** is still not fixed. I'm going back to 1Password.

Sam13
New Contributor

Re: Password notes cannot be changed

you can type out a full, multi-line note in any word app, then paste it directly into the new Note created. 

@AshC Did you consider the security implications that might entail for users? Some users utilize the notes field to save sensitive data like private keys. Recommending copy/paste to "any word app" opens additional risk vectors.

I'm severely disappointed in the length this issue has been up in the air. Was it not possible to revert the faulty code? Instead, paying users have been waiting for weeks for a core advertised feature. It makes you wonder how fast the team could react and communicate for say a security issue with the extension.

I encourage anyone affected by this issue to request proper compensation for the issue once resolved (if they are sticking with LastPass even at this point).

Joseph700
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to use return key when editing

The time for legitimate complaints has officially passed. Now it is time to wait patiently. However, it is clear that there are is a certain segment of the audience who demands to be heard.

I'm going to start the official whinging thread. All you folks who think you know better than the developers. How things should be done -- should post your complaints here, and NOT start new threads just complaining about how long it's taking. Just reply here because this is a special thread just for you.

If I were the developer, I'd be strongly tempted put the project on the shelf just to spite you, because you've got to know that they're already under a lot of pressure and feeling a lot of stress about this.

( Although it would be nice to hear an official response from time to time, I hope the devs are not doing that spite thing because most of us are waiting patiently. Most of us trust that the developers of LastPass are doing the best they can. They've proven themselves over the years to do things right rather than just rush to market. There was a stutter when LogMeIn bought the company a few years ago, but it seems to be that LastPass is still LastPass.)

So let me get things off on the other foot.

I can't believe how long it's taking.

I can't believe they don't test their software before they release it.

This is just impossible. Let me speak to your manager, or I'm going to get hysterical and make some idle threats about how important I am. ( Just call me Karen).

I'm sure I could do it much better if only I had a folder full of degrees in programming and I'd spent decades studying encryption algorithms.

This thread is not for people who are threatening to go to another password encryption manager. If you want to do that, just go. Crying on the way out the door is really kind of pointless.

This thread is just for whinging whingers who plan to stick it out, but who also want to make entitled noises while they wait.

So have at thee, ye scurvy dogs!

HappyHiker
Active Contributor

A programming language that is not widely known is called J.E.R.K.  Maybe you know it?

Chriz1
Active Contributor

"This thread is not for people who are threatening to go to another password encryption manager. If you want to do that, just go. Crying on the way out the door is really kind of pointless."

NO ! This thread is for whoever is not satisfied and want to have news from LP (if and when they will). It was actually useful to me when someone mentionned he will go to 1Password, though it doesn't solve the actual issue.

GBD1
Active Contributor

Joseph700 is spot on.

GBD1
Active Contributor

RE: Joseph700 (New Contributor's) reply on 05-18-2022 10:58 PM :

Thanks matey! I love your new whining thread!!! Over the past couple of weeks, I've marveled at the sheer volume of complaints, whining and outrage. It's comical at this point! An understanding of software development lifecycle protocols and the prioritization of fixing bugs in a software company would go a long way in this case. The issue is annoying for sure but most minor issues, especially those that have a work around like this one, rarely make it to the top of the priority list, and probably won't regardless of all the vitriol. I've wanted to write a similar response to yours, but just didn't have the time or motivation. So in the meantime, I'm anchors a weigh and turning off notifications for this thread. When the fix comes, it comes. 
Joseph700
Active Contributor

Perhaps I should have written this "complaint thread" sooner. I am sure the manager was listening, because when I woke up today, the error was fixed. I feel very special now...

(OR... perhaps I waited patiently, and the error was always going to be fixed? Perhaps the timing is just a coincidence... Hmmm?)
Alan5056
New Contributor

Re: Multiple lines in note field no longer works

Another work-around in Windows:
Copy and paste Lastpass note to a new Notepad window
Edit the Notepad window adding new lines etc
Now copy and (over)paste Notepad window to Lastpass note.
TheHopper
Active Contributor

Re: Multiple lines in note field no longer works

This problem is now fixed. 

I just tried it with Chrome on Windows and the ENTER button works again.

@Joseph700 gets the price for mentioning it first. 

-Randy