cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xchrisxtopher
Active Contributor

Update 4.93.0 requires constant logging in on Mac

Hi there,

Since updating to Lastpass 4.93.0, every time I open Safari or the Lastpass app, I'm required to log in every time. Additionally there's a blank window that hangs around when Lastpass is opened. Closing the blank window quits LastPass.

I've attached a screenshot to illustrate that under General Preferences I do not have "Log Out When all Browsers are Closed" nor "Log out after this many minutes of activity" enabled.Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 10.14.29 AM.png

9 REPLIES 9
Steve1973
Active Contributor

Re: Update 4.93.0 requires constant logging in on Mac

I've been having the same issue since upgrade to 4.93.0.  Very frustrating.  There are multiple threads in this community from users that have the same issue, but there doesn't appear to be a fix as of yet.  Hopefully, it'll be resolved in the next release. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

1. Do you also have the Mac app installed and signed into LastPass?
  2. Can you try clearing the extension app cache and see if that improves anything?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Steve1973
Active Contributor

Clearing the cache within the LastPass MacOS app (not the extension in Safari browser) fixed the issue on both of my MacOS machines that were impacted by this issue.

Thanks for the fix!
Steve1973
Active Contributor

Update:  Turns out this fix is only temporary.  

I started to experience the same issue again just a couple of hours later.  I cleared the cache again as before and it cleared up again, but I fear that clearing the cache is a very temporary workaround, not a permanent solution to this issue.

I guess we just have to hope that the development team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

Steve1973
Active Contributor

Downgraded to version 4.86 and problem is now gone.

The blank window that pops up in 4.93 and 4.94 is the 2 factor auth window.  The same window popped up in 4.86, but was not blank.

Seems like it should be a simple fix for the developers.  Wonder why it's taking so long to resolve.

xchrisxtopher
Active Contributor

Thanks for mentioning to downgrade Steve1973. I never knew that was a possibility. I'll downgrade immediately!

The blank window persists over here as well on my Mac mini. It really is a huge pain and makes me want to jump ship from LastPass ASAP.

Steve1973
Active Contributor

A quick search for "Lastpass 4.86 for Mac" should get you a download link.

The problem seems to be with 2 factor auth (2FA), so disabling 2FA in the current version would likely solve the problem.

xchrisxtopher
Active Contributor

Hi there, is there any further suggestions for this issue? The Lastpass extension button for Safari displays nothing when clicked on. And the issue of the Multifactor Authentication window displaying a blank window persists as well with 4.94.0.

It really is a tremendous nuisance.

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 10.53.22 AM.png

heeee
New Contributor

I just registered to like this post. 

Last Pass on my macbook is literally unusable. 

I have to use the app because the Safari Extension is not working at all, sometimes after few seconds it appears, but I have to copy username and password because it won't fill...

Also the app freezes on startup, I have to enter password etc... 

BTW on Windows there was the same stuff happening (extension not working properly) I was so happy switching to mac that it's working. 
I started moving my passwords, if it won't change I'll cancel my membership and ask for refund. I know it doesn't matter but it's extremely annoying that it takes me a minute to log in to everywhere because I have to leave browser, open lastpass, if it's the first startup enter my long password, search for the website, if there are multiple sites  (most likely there are 3-10 search results) I have to look for the proper one, copy username, switch window, copy password etc.